Ch 4 May Feelings

(At the Pokémon Centre)

"I wonder what's taking Ash so long to come back," Brock stated.

Max sighed. "This is Ash we're talking about, Brock," He said knowingly. "He couldn't remember thirty minutes ago that he left us to use the restroom," The young boy glanced at the entrance of healing center. "We'll wait ten more minutes before we start putting up 'I am lost' signs with Ash's face on them."

Brock and Max had reached the Pokémon Centre ten minutes after watching Ash leave to find May. Since arriving at the Centre, the two travelers sat at a table to wait for their other two companions to come back. However, both Max and Brock were getting restless of waiting.

Brock smiled a little. "He's not that bad, Max," The breeder defended. "Ash knows h-"

"Hey, guys!"

Max and Brock turned to see May run up to them. To their surprise, she was smiling very brightly.

"Hey, May!" Max said as he ran to give his sister a hug. He hugged her tightly for a brief moment before he released her. "Where were you? How are you doing? Are you feeling better now?" The little boy was bombarding May with questions.

"Slow down, Max," Brock interrupted the young boy. "I'm sure May is a little tired from everything that's happened today. Why don't we let her go up to the room to get some rest, yeah?"

"No, I'm okay," The brunette waved Brock off. She smiled brightly. "I was upset for a little while, but I'm over it already."

Max had a confused expression on his face. "Really?" He questioned. "I've never known you to just 'forget' about something so easily—especially if it's something this important...so tell me, how did you get over it so quickly?"

May saw the concerned looks on their faces and knew they weren't going to let her go until she explained the situation. "Okay," The Hoenn Princess looked down a little and smiled lovingly. "It was Ash..." She said softly. "I thought it was my performing style that caused me lose—that I couldn't win the Grand Festival..." Brock was about to speak, but May put her hand up before he could start. "I know that I shouldn't have been thinking like that; I know I was wrong." She put her right hand over her heart before she continued. "When Ash found me, he told me that I shouldn't be questioning my contest style because I was able to beat my rivals. I thought it was different from common coordinating styles, but Ash said it is unique. I have to admit that I was surprised to hear these words coming from Ash...but they were the most uplifting words that I have ever heard..."

When May finished, both Max and Brock had their mouths open in disbelief. Brock coughed and quickly regained his composure.

"I guess Ash was right when he said that he knew how to cheer you up," The breeder stated.

May smiled.

"Okay, well I guess we s—wait," Brock stopped.

"What?" May asked.

"Where is Ash?" "Oh, he is right be—hind me?" May turned around but couldn't find the trainer. She quickly scanned the Pokémon Centre to see if he was around, but he was not inside the healing center. "He was right behind me when we were walking here." May was starting to get concerned.

"Let's go check outside," Max suggested.

May and Brock nodded.

When the small group turned to start heading towards the exit of the Centre, the entrance opened and showed the person they were about to look for.

May gasped.

Ash was crawling on all fours trying to get into to the building while Pikachu was lying on his trainer's back sleeping.

The three travelers saw Ash lift up his head and smile as he entered the Pokémon Centre.

"Finally!" He yelled before he collapsed face-first on the floor inside the Centre.

"Ash!"

(With Ash & Pikachu a Few Moments Before)

"Hey, Pikachu?" Ash panted heavily.

"Pika?"

"Is it just me, or is this the longest route we've ever walked?"

Pikachu shook his head.

"Okay," Ash said tiredly. "So it's not just me..."