Ch 29 Moms advice

May slowly opened her eyes to the sunlight peering into the house through the window. She realized it was the only downside to sleeping in the living room. There was a large window where sunlight could pierce through and cover the entire room.

"Ash must've forgot to close the curtains before he left last night," she thought as she covered her head with the blanket, thinking it would help.

It didn't.

May groaned as she tossed the covers off. "Might as well get up, then." She was going to slide her feet off the bed when she remembered her ankle. "Oh right...I should probably take it easy."

"Good morning, May!" Delia cheered when she walked into the room. "Did you sleep well? How's your leg?"

May had finished getting her feet onto the floor when she replied. "I'm doing okay, Mrs. Ketchum. My foot doesn't feel as bad as it did yesterday.

"That's good to hear, dear!"

May rubbed her eyes and yawned. "Ooh, I'm sorry, Mrs. Ketchum," she apologized for yawning in front of her. "I guess I'm still a little tired..."

Delia giggled at the younger brunette. "You can lay back down if you want, May. No one is going to bother you. I promise."

"Thank you, but I think it's time I get out of bed," she admitted as she stretched. "I have to get use to waking up early, anyways, since we're going to be leaving to Sinnoh pretty soon...I think today is a good day to start!"

Delia eyed May curiously as she giggled again. "Ash thought the same way when opened the curtains at nine o'clock."

"So he did close the curtains last night," May thought to herself. "Oh...I guess he was thinking like me. Well, nine is not bad if I say so myself."

"It's actually eleven o'clock, dear. Ash opened the curtains two hours."

"What?!" May exclaimed. She realized she yelled and quickly apologized before she continued. "So I've been asleep for an extra two hours," she said in a lower tone.

"Yes, and I was going to wake you, but you look so peaceful."

May covered her face in embarrassment. "I overslept with the sun hitting my face. This could only happen to me..."

"How about I make you breakfast?" Delia interrupted her thoughts. "Ash and I have already eaten, so I'll just sit with you to keep you company. How does that sound?"

"I even missed breakfast!" May's stomach growled after hearing the suggestion. She smiled sheepishly. "That sounds great, Mrs. Ketchum."

Delia returned the smile and replied happily. "Give me ten minutes and it should be ready!"

"Thank you, Mrs. Ketchum." Delia headed towards the kitchen when May remembered something. "Oh, Mrs. Ketchum?"

"Yes?"

"May I use your phone to call my parents?" She asked politely. "I haven't had a chance to talk to them since I got here."

"Of course you can!" Delia pointed behind the bed-couch to the desk. "It's behind you whenever you want to use it." With that the older woman left the room.

May slowly stood up and began limping around the couch to use the phone. She thought about turning the monitor around, which would be easier to do, but dismissed the idea because she didn't want to feel lazy. "I've already slept in," she thought to herself. May used the bed for leverage as she slowly paced around. She reached the phone and dialed her house number, hoping her mom would be the one to answer. Unfortunately for her, the image that appeared on the screen was someone smaller and younger.