Ch 32 Ash vs Drew

Everyone, with the exception of Ash and Totodile, shielded their eyes from the sand being thrown around.

Totodile was still dancing excitingly as nothing had occurred.

"Now, Flygon, get in and use Steel Wing!" Drew commanded.

Flygon flew rapidly towards the dancing Pokémon to connect its attack. When it was close, the Dragon threw its wings back and launched them towards Totodile. However, without breaking character, Totodile easily dodged the Steel Wing. Flygon turned around and continued a barrage of Steel Wings to collide against the moving opponent. Unfortunately, Totodile was too fast and dodged all of them with ease.

"At this rate, Flygon will be too tired to do anything else," Drew concluded. "Use Flamethrower at close range!"

Ash knew it was time to act. "Use Water Gun to counter!"

Totodile finally opened its eyes and fired the strong water move.

"DILE!"

The two attacks collided, pushing the two Pokémon away from each other. And after a few seconds, the Flamethrower began faltering to the Water Gun. Drew knew he had to change tactics.

"Break it off and fly up!" Flygon obeyed and quickly did as it trainer said. "Now use Dragon Breath!"

Flygon sent the powerful attack to Totodile, who had started to dance again when they stopped the previous moves.

"Use Hydro Pump!"

Totodile stopped and fired its powerful attack to intercept the Dragon Breath heading towards it. The attacks clashed and caused an explosion on the field. The strong wind caused by the impact made the Sandstorm disappear. When the dust finally cleared, everyone could see Flygon in the air and Totodile on the field dancing.

"I'm tired of seeing that little thing dance!" Drew clenched his fists. "You're not going to beat me by countering, Ketchum! Flygon, get in and use Steel Wing!"

The Mystic Pokémon somersaulted in the air before rapidly approaching Totodile. Its wings, once again, turned metallic and sharp as it headed to its opponent. When Flygon was a few inches away, Ash exploited the opportunity.

"Totodile, jump and use Ice Fang!" He commanded.

Drew's eyes widened when he heard the move. "Ice—what?!"

"To-To!" Said the Water-type while dodging the Steel Wing. It was able to jump on Flygon's back and hang on tightly as it flew in the air. Totodile's sharp teeth then became engulfed in ice, preparing the Ice Fang. Each tooth looked like a small icicle. "Dile!" Said Totodile as it launched the attack on Flygon's neck.

"RARR!" The Dragon yelled in pain. It could not maintain itself in the air and crashed harshly on the ground.

Totodile jumped before it could crash onto the ground with its opponent.

"Finish it with Water Gun!" Ash yelled.

The water attack directly hit Flygon on the back, causing it to cry in more pain. When the attack finished, everyone could see Flygon on the ground with swirls in its eyes.

"To-to-to-to-to-dile!" Totodile said as it jumped and danced, which caused the audience to cheer.

Drew saw his Pokémon on the floor unconscious and returned it in its Poké ball. He could feel his anger rising as he saw Totodile, once again, jumping and dancing excitedly. He took in a deep breath to try and calm himself.

"I have to stay calm," he told himself. "If I start to get angry, I could lose focus on the battle...I still have a chance to comeback."

Ash thanked Totodile for the match and quickly recalled it into the Poké ball. He then pulled out another one before he spoke to Drew. "We can stop now if you want, Drew," he suggested. "The first battle was really good that we could just end it here. What do you think?"