Ch 31 Trouble

"Nothing yet, buddy?"

"Pikachu."

Ash and Pikachu found the restaurant five minutes after searching for it. They were told by a waiter that it would be open in about thirty minutes. After the duo left the restaurant, they began to look for Team Rocket. Ash and Pikachu both knew they were on the ship and knew they were going to make a dramatic scene at some point. It was the reason why they met Dawn before. What the two heroes could not decide is if they should stop Team Rocket now or wait for them to show up on their own. They had been searching for about fifteen minutes when the trainer asked Pikachu.

"The least we can do is find them," Ash concluded. "You know, so we know we at least know where they are on the ship."

Pikachu nodded.

"It shouldn't be too hard to find them. We just have to look for the only woman with long red hair, only man with short blue hair, and only kid-like person with whiskers and a fake mustache."

Pikachu snickered. "Pikapi, pika chu pika pi."

"Yeah, we weren't too bright back then."

They searched for another five minutes before giving up their search.

Ash sighed in frustration. "I think we should head back with May, buddy," he stated. "They always find us anyways. That won't be any different than before."

Pikachu agreed, and they began making their way to the battlefield on the ship.

They were walking when Ash spoke to his friend.

"I hope there's some strong trainers on board, Pikachu," he stated hopefully, rounding the corner to the field. "We didn't do this last time, so I'm hoping it will be fun. Do you think we should go—,"

"Pika!" Pikachu interrupted shockingly, which caused Ash to look at him concerningly. The mouse merely pointed to the field.

Ash looked towards the field—thinking there was a match Pikachu was impressed by—but nobody was battling. The trainer looked passed it and spotted May and quickly understood what Pikachu was talking about. Ash's eyes widened in utter disbelieve.

"Pikachu, is that..."

"Pi..."

They duo saw May uncomfortably leaning on the railing of the ship talking with the green-haired coordinator, Drew.

XxXxXxX

"Wow, this is amazing!" May exclaimed as she saw the battlefield below. She leaned over the railing taking in the view. "Ash was wrong when he said this was a 'small battlefield.' This looks like something my dad would use for his gym battles."

The field was established by most of the lower deck. There were tables and chairs around, so people can watch the battles on the same level. However, they could also stay on the upper deck and watch from above. And most people stayed on the upper deck believing it would give them a better and safer view of the battles.

Nobody was battling at the moment, so May decided to go down the stairs and search the lower deck. Many people were sitting around the tables or taking in the view of the ocean. She decided to do the latter as she wanted to know if she could still see the docks of Pallet Town. This would let her know if they had traveled far since the ship set sail. She walked to the railing and peered the ocean once more.

"I don't know why, but I seem to be staring at the water a lot today," May admitted to herself. She tried to see if she could spot the docks and noticed they were hardly visible. "Well, I guess we've made some progress already." She continued to stare mesmerizingly at the ocean water as she began to wait for Ash to return. On occasion, a few Goldeen and Seaking would jump out of the water and make splashes. May was enjoying herself when someone spoke closely behind her.