Ch 6 Ash Secret

The two Egg Pokémon left for a couple minutes to bring what Nurse Joy had asked them to get. When they came back, they were each pushing a stretcher to the tired heroes. One Chansey put Ash on a stretcher, and the other Chansey took Pikachu from Brock and put the mouse on the second stretcher.

"Can we go with him to the room?" May asked hopefully.

"Honestly," The pink-haired said. "There is really no need for someone to be in the room with them as Chansey will be checking on them regularly."

May frowned. "Alright..." The brunette said disappointingly.

"If it makes you feel any better, they both should be fully rested and ready to leave by tomorrow morning."

Brock walked up behind May and put his hand on her shoulder. "I think Nurse Joy has a point, May," He told the brunette. "Let's just go get some dinner in the cafeteria and get some rest ourselves. Ash and Pikachu will be fine; they're going to be sleeping anyways."

The Hoenn Princess looked at the door where the Chansey took the trainer and his Pokémon. She then put her head down and sighed. "I guess you're right, Brock...I'll meet you guys there," She said as she started walking towards the cafeteria.

"It's nice to see friends care like that for each other," Nurse Joy commented.

"Yeah, they really are close," Brock stated. He then turned and smiled at the nurse. "You know, if you like how friends care for each other, then you'll love the way how I care for you!" The breeder exclaimed. "I could treat you like you the greatest frie—aggghh my ear!"

Max had started to drag the breeder away from the shocked nurse. "You know, just because I hadn't said anything earlier, doesn't mean I wasn't around," He explained. "I was standing right next to you for crying out loud!"

"I guess I didn't see you, aggghh!" Brock said feeling pain from his ear.

"Well, now you know," Max stated. "Now let's go to the cafeteria, Loverboy."

"Aggghh, my ear!"

(In the Cafeteria)

May was poking at her pudding depressingly.

"If I had stayed behind with them, I could've helped them, and this would've never happened," She thought. "It's just another thing I could've done better today..."

"Are you okay, May?" Max asked his sister.

May looked up and saw the concerned look on her brother's face. "Yeah, I'm fine, Max," She lied.

Max stared at curiously, but he didn't press on. "Okay, if you say so."

All three friends at their food quietly before heading up to their room. They all thought it would be pointless to go somewhere without Ash and Pikachu.

(In the Morning)

May was ready to start her day at six o' clock in the morning. She dressed herself in the same red blouse and blue biker shorts under her small white skirt she always wore during her journey through the Kanto Region. She quickly grabbed her bag, put it around her waist, and left the room where Max and Brock were barely getting up. May wanted to see Ash before they continued their journey.

May asked Nurse Joy, who greeted her nicely, where Ash and Pikachu were staying at, so the brunette could talk to them. However, she was surprised by the pink-haired nurse's response.

"What do you mean he left?!" May exclaimed.

"Yeah, he said that he and Pikachu were going to take a walk," Joy stated nervously.

May grunted. She quickly left the nurse and started to run out of the Pokémon Centre. When she reached the exit, the doors opened, and May saw the person she was looking for. He was standing with his Pikachu on his shoulder looking at the forest away from the Centre. She approached him slowly so that he wouldn't be startled. He was talking to Pikachu.

"Pika pika kapi pi, Pikapi."

"I know, buddy," May heard Ash say. "She's counting on us...we can't fail—especially since it's so important to her."

May's heart fluttered. Was he talking about her loss? Did he see it as "he failed her"?

"He really cares about me and my success in contests..." She thought. "Do I really mean that much to him?"

"Kapi pi pika?" Pikachu asked.

"Oh, yeah," Ash stated sarcastically. "We will be rewarded with a lot of ketchup if we succeed."

Pikachu's eyes gleamed with happiness.

May giggled. Her giggling caused the trainer and the yellow mouse to quickly turn around.

"May?" Ash stated nervously to the giggling brunette. "H-how much of that did you hear?"

She stopped her laughing to answer. "Just the part about getting 'a lot of ketchup' as a reward." May lied.

Ash sighed in relief. "Oh, okay..."