Ch 47 My Friend

It was quiet; it almost felt like an old Mexican standoff. Everyone was waiting for the two trainers to pick their last pokemon. Depending on who won this round would determine the winner of this battle.

Some of the spectators were getting nervous, even though they weren't the ones battling, they could feel how tense the atmosphere was getting.

What started as only something to pass the time had now become a battle that was not only going to determine the respective trainer's strength but also who was the best trainer between their regions.

Both Red and Cynthia had positioned themselves a long distance away from each other, knowing that this last battle was going to devastate the area.

Murmurs in the audience were blocked out by the two trainers. Their hand's slowly reaching out to where they're pokeballs were.

Click! The detaching of a pokeball from a belt was heard and as if a loud drum roll had stopped, two pokeballs flew up in the air.

"C'mon out Garchomp!"

"Let's rock-on Saur!"

BOOM! The ground shook. Two gigantic pokemon faced each other on opposite sides. Growling & glaring at each other, ready for attack.

Wasting no time at all Cynthia made the first move, "garchomp dragon rush."

Fast! Was the first thing Red thought, Cynthia's garchomp rocketed towards venasaur in a blinding blue light.

This however was something Red was hoping Cynthia would do. "Saur, block him!"

Venasaur hardened its feet, took out its vines, buried it on the ground for extra foundation and waited for the attack. SLAM! Garchomp slammed on venasaur's head, venasaur budged for about 10 inches.

"What the!?" Cynthia was flabbergasted

"Nice! Now plant your seeds Saur, leech seed!" Red told it.

From venasaur's flower, small seeds poured out to garchomp, after instantly touching they sprouted thin vines, wrapping around garchomp.

"Garchomp get out of the way!" Cynthia told it.

Too late, when garchomp leaped backward, it flinched; its HP was slowly reducing as venasaur's was restored.

"Great, now let's really get started, Saur razor leaf!" Red told it.

Venasaur fired an array of leaves at high speed, garchomp instantly dodged without its master's order, a sign of a well trained pokemon.

"Flamethrower," Cynthia said.

Airborne, garchomp fired a burst of flames towards venasaur. The grass pokemon managed to dodge but not completely, its left side got singed.

"It knows flame thrower, this might be bad," Red said. Taking out his pokedex he examined garchomp's data quickly.

Cynthia, before Red could devise a strategy against her garchomp, attacked. "Garchomp, dragon claw!"

Taking his eyes off the pokedex, "Saur, vine whip!"

Venasaur reached its vines towards garchomp, however the dragon pokemon was able to swerve and dodge them. SLASH! Venasaur slammed down, creating a small crater on where it stood.

"She isn't gonna let me study her pokemon is she? Fine by me then, I'll just stick with what I know so far." Red smiled, "Saur razor leaf!"

The next few seconds were a blur. Venasaur's razor leaf hit its mark. Garchomp however easily countered. Blasting off into the sky, the dragon pokemon fired a flamethrower upon venasaur, burning a circle on the field before finally hitting the grass pokemon. Venasaur would have been in trouble if it not for the leech seed taking effect and restoring its HP bit by bit.