Ch 45 Champion vs Champion

Everyone was in awe, they stared at the person who, just moments ago, they believed to be nothing more than an arrogant and foolhardy challenger. The atmosphere was tense for a while before Red, who had gotten a bit disoriented with everyone staring at him, broke the silence.

"Um... Uh, hello? Is anyone there? Why'd you guys turn into zombies?"

Cynthia giggled at his statement, what an interesting man.

A girl from the audience chimed, "Umm, are you really Red of Pallet Town? As in the real deal? The 9th Champion of the Kanto Pokemon League?"

Red looked at the girl in confusion which caused her to blush from embarrassment. Red then put a goofy grin and said, "The one and only, do you see any other guy here as good looking as me? Hahahaha"

The crowd again had their Oh my gosh it's a celebrity trainer talk.

"So it's really him? The guy that beat the League at 11 years old?"

"Yeah, more than that he was also the one who crushed Team Rocket"

"Not to mention he beat the Kanto elite four"

"Wow really? He did that at an young age but why did he disappear !?"

"Wow he's really cool, not to mention handsome!"

Red's eye twitched upon hearing their chattering. Hehehe, just a moment ago they were talking about how stupid and dimwitted I was.

"So this means that-"One person spoke in loud voice which grabbed everyone's attention, "this is a battle between champions, the Kanto and Sinnoh Champions!" He cheered.

Everyone cheered in agreement; Red and Cynthia looked at the audience and sighed.

"So where were we?" Red asked excitedly

Cynthia smiled, "Go Milotic!"

Out of the Ball came Cynthia's second pokemon, a beautiful white sea serpent that glimmered as the sun rays hit its body.

"A milotic huh? Perfect match for this guy, go Gyra!"

Out of Red's pokeball came out a large blue turtle; its roar echoed through the audience, everyone flinched clearly intimidated by the giant pokemon.

"Alright, blastosie use hydro-pump!"

Blastosie shot out an enormous blast of water towards milotic.

Cynthia smiled as though she wanted this to happen, "milotic take that hydro-pump head on!"

Red was confused at this, but he immediately understood once milotic had crashed against the hydro-pump. Milotic circled around the blast of water, riding the current enabling it to quickly get in front of blastoise.

"Not good!Blastosie get away from there!" Red hastily cried

"No can do, milotic use ice beam!" Cynthia said

Red's blastosie was fast but not fast enough, it managed to evade a direct hit but its right arm was not so lucky. Due to the power of the ice beam blastosie's arm was frozen in an instant.

"It was your mistake in bringing out a water type pokemon Red," Cynthia explained "Me and milotic have trained with the contest master and Hoenn Champion Wallace himself, so I've already learned how to make the best of a water pokemon battle."

Red gritted his teeth, thinking of a way of getting his Blastoise out of its predicament. Cynthia however wasn't going to give him any time to think.

"Milotic use aqua tail"

"Blastosie dodge it!" Red said, caught off guard.

Blastosie tried but due to its frozen leg its maneuverability had been decreased. The aqua tail hit blastosie square on the mid section sending the large blue pokemon flying backward.

"Blastoise!" Red quickly got beside his blastoise checking if it was okay, steadily blastoise  got up.

"Okay, let's do this pal." Red said standing beside blastoise.

"Milotic use surf" Cynthia said

Milotic summoned a tidal wave of water and willed it straight towards Blastoise .

"Blastoise , knock milotic of with hydro-pump" Red said.

Again Cynthia anticipated this.

"Milotic make the tide even bigger!" Cynthia shouted off.

Milotic willed the tides to grow, the hydro-pump crashed into the waves; the hydro-pump was absorbed by the surf.

"N-no way!" Red said dumb struck.

"Now milotic let him have it." Cynthia said

Milotic's enlarged and powered up surf slammed against Blastoise . After a few seconds the water subsided showing Blastoise , panting from taking the attack. Blastoise hit the ground in frustration whilst Red's thoughts continued to run.

That would have been easy enough to dodge or ride on; Blastoise frozen arm is really causing him inconvenience, if I could only get his arm out of the ice.

Red looked at Blastoise canons then it suddenly clicked in, Red took out his pokedex, stared at milotic and grinned. I got it.

"Blastoise fire a hydro-pump at milotic" Red told it.

Obeying the order without a moment of hesitation, Blastoise let out a blast of water.

"Bad move Red, milotic take that hydro-pump head on." Cynthia told it

Again milotic slithered around the hydro-pump, getting right in front of Blastoise .

"Blastoise use dragon tail" Red hastily told it

"Oh no you don't, milotic use aqua tail." Cynthia countered.

The two pokemon's tails slammed against one another, Cynthia smiled knowing her milotic's attack would break through due to the fact that Blastoise ' arm was still frozen and making it hard to lift up. Then the ice on Blastoise 's right arm started to crack, Cynthia's smile disappeared; in a split second the ice surrounding Blastoise ' right arm broke.

"Alright Blastoise let her have it!" Red cried

With Blastoise it quickly continued its dragon tail attack throwing milotic away.

Cynthia ran through what Red had done;

"You used the aqua tail to break the ice on blastoise right. You remembered my last trick and used that against me; the force of the two attacks with the arm made the ice break completely without damaging the tail too much. But how did you know I would tell milotic to use aqua tail? I could have used Ice beam again." Cynthia asked.

"Easy, I checked the pokedex and learned milotic had a special ability called marvel scale which increases its defense, knowing that I deduced that you would use aqua tail as a defensive move against my attack rather than use ice beam which would be risky given that dragon tail hits the opponent faster than ice beam." Red explained to her.

Cynthia was stunned, "To be able to predict my moves from just learning my pokemon's ability, using the pokedex in such a way, you are in fact worthy of your title 'the great Champion ' Red."

Red scratched his head awkwardly, "Aw stop it you're making me blush in a battle. Anyways let's finish this up! Blastoise use hyper beam!"

Blastoise charged a gigantic ball of energy on its mouth; hastily Cynthia prepared to make the last move.

"Milotic use mirror coat!"

Milotic glowed with a brilliant white light, Red realized this too late.

"Wait, Blastoise Sto-!"

Blastoise fired a beam of pure energy straight at milotic. The beam hit milotic but it did no damage her instead it was absorbed. Then in a flash milotic let loose the power she had stored within her but this was twice as strong, not being able to react, Blastoise was scored a direct hit knocking him out.

"Oh no Blastoise !"

Red kneeled beside his fainted pokemon.

"You did great pal, here get some rest." Red returned Blastoise to its pokeball.

Cynthia returned milotic as well; she then took out her 3rd pokeball,

"Next?" she asked mischievously.