Ch 8 Terracott Town

The group had begun walking through the forest to get to Terracotta Town. They had been walking for about an hour, though, before May actually left Ash's side. It took Ash a while to convince May that he would okay without her next to him. She was reluctant at first, but she finally agreed to leave his side. It was mostly, however, because May wanted to find out how much further it would be before they reached the town. She ran to Max and Brock who were ahead of her which left Ash alone with Pikachu lagging behind.

"Hey, Pikachu," Ash said.

"Pikachu pika pika," Pikachu replied.

"So you remember too, huh," Ash said as he stared at his friends walking in front of him. "We all go our separate ways after the contest."

"Pika pika chu."

"You're right, buddy," Ash replied. "It will be easier to do what's on our list after the contest is over...it will also give me the chance to get used to this body," He quickly glanced down to look at his, now, smaller figure. He started to think about the rigorous training he and his Pokémon would be doing after traveling through the rest of the regions. "These next few months are going to be rough..."

"Pika kapi pi, Pikapi?"

"I would hope not," Ash said worryingly. "I know Celebi told us there was a significant event where she placed us in the timeline, but I don't think it happened back in the Indigo Plateau...or at least I hope it didn't occur back there."

After a few more minutes of walking, Ash heard a faint, sharp sound that was getting closer and louder. He instantly knew what it was and quickly reacted to it. Ash moved his head to the right, and Pikachu jumped off his shoulder to dodge the metal arm. While in the air, Pikachu turned and fired an Electro Ball to destroy it.

"Predictable..." Ash thought. "At least my senses are still somewhat sharp like they were in the future."

Ash's friends had turned around as soon as they heard the metal arm charge for Pikachu. They gasped when they saw Pikachu quickly avoid the arm and fired a move they had never seen before. Ash saw their reactions and look towards Pikachu.

"Pikachu, I don't think we should use any move that you're not supposed to know yet," Ash whispered to Pikachu whom was on the ground staring at the air balloon.

Pikachu shrugged.

"Team Rocket!" Max, May, and Brock yelled.

Jessie smiled. "The one and only!" She then looked at Ash and Pikachu frustratingly. "How did you know we were following you, twerp? And what was that last move?"

Ash and Pikachu mentally cringed. Team Rocket became smarter and stronger in the future, so Ash trained his Pokémon to sense their presence just in case the trio tried a surprise attack. Team Rocket did not bother Ash as often in the future, but they were still a serious threat to the Pokémon Master and his Pokémon.

"Umm..." Ash said trying to think of a reasonable explanation. "I got it," He thought. "Pikachu, what was that?" He said hoping it would convince the others he was just as surprised as they were.

"That was awesome!" Max yelled to Ash and Pikachu.

"How about we get rid of them before we start celebrating, okay, Max?" Ash said to the young man who nodded eagerly.

Ash then turned around to Pikachu.

"Pikachu, if I remember correctly, they always have a spare arm to grab you," Ash whispered to the yellow rodent. "If they send out another one, let them take you," Pikachu looked at him confusingly. "I have a plan, buddy."

Pikachu nodded slowly.

As if on cue, Meowth jumped on the ledge of the air balloon basket. "Dis ain't over, twerp. We still have one more," Meowth said as he pressed a button that released another mechanical arm under the green basket.