Ch 7 Ash Idea

Silence fell between the two teens for a moment. May decided to speak up.

"Ash, I want to say sorry," She said apologetically.

The trainer smiled. He knew what she was apologizing for but decided to let her explain. "What are you saying 'sorry' for?"

"I-I could've helped you if I was there with you guys...I could've had Combusken carry you while I carried Pikachu, or I could've helped you on m-"

"May," Ash interrupted her rambling by calmly gripping her shoulders. He could see her eyes were starting to get watery. "Everything is okay," The trainer reassured her. "Nothing happened to me or Pikachu. If anything, it's our fault that I forgot my Pokémon."

"Pika pi, Pikapi!" Pikachu stated.

"Alright, I'm sorry," Ash apologized to the yellow mouse. "It was my fault that I didn't have my Pokémon with me."

May giggled a little.

Ash wiped away a tear that was falling down her face. "See, so there's no reason to blame yourself—or cry for that matter," He said. "In truth, you look more beautiful when you're smiling than when you're crying."

May's eyes widened and a blush appeared on her face. "W-what?"

Ash mentally face-palmed. "Shit," He thought. "I have to remember I'm a dense teenager again." Ash was trying to think of something to use as a cover up but couldn't think of anything. He looked at Pikachu who was trying hard not to laugh at his trainer. "I-I mean that uh—that you umm."

"Hey, guys!"

Ash and May looked to see Max and Brock running up to them.

"Oh, thank Arceus!" Ash thought in relief.

"Are you feeling better, Ash?" Max asked.

"Yeah, I'm feeling much better, guys," He answered. Ash quickly glanced at May and saw that she was looking away from them with a blush still on her face. "Aw, crap... way not ruin the timeline, Ash...way to go."

Max decided to speak up. "So where are we headed to next, Brock?"

"Well," The breeder spoke up. "To get to the port, we need to pass a place called Terracotta Town."

"Oh, I heard that it's a really fun town!" May exclaimed finally breaking out of her trance. "Shall we head out, then?"

"Yeah!" Max and Brock stated. The two then started walking and discussing what would be the fastest route to the town.

"Ash, you have the worst luck ever," Ash thought to himself. "You accidentally called May 'beautiful' just before you're about to recreate the greatest memory between you and her...yes, Ash, you are an idiot."

"Ash?"

"Yeah, May?" She interrupted his thoughts.

"I'm going to walk next to you until we get to Terracotta Town," The brunette stated. "I still don't believe you are fully okay..."

Ash saw in her eyes that she wasn't going to let this go. "Alright, May, if it makes you feel comfortable, then you can walk next to me."

May smiled brightly and quickly hugged him.

The hug was lasting longer than Ash expected, so he coughed a little to get her attention.

May blushed a little as she let him go. "Sorry, I just didn't think you would accept my offer so quickly," She admitted. "Anyways, we are going to have so much fun in Terracotta Town—I can feel it!" They both started walking to where Max and Brock were talking.

"I think I have some idea..." Ash thought.