Ch 52 Team Rocket

"By the way, what is your name mister?" said Mairin.

"Alan, right now I am traveling with my Charizard to battle every single Mega Evolution that exists and win"

"Hey, hey, does Mega Evolution mean evolution? Do you mean that black and blue Charizard was its Mega Evolution?" Mairin questions Alan.

"Uhh... yeah, that was Mega Charizard" said Alan.

"That's amazing, I have no idea there was an evolution like that! Exciting isn't it Chespie?" said Mairin.

"Chespin!" The Grass type nodded in agreement.

"Hey, can Chespie become like that, too?" said Mairin.

"Who knows, it's not like I know everything about Mega Evolution" said Alan while looking at his mega ring when having a flashback.

"Two stones seem to have a strong connection to Mega Evolution" said Professor Sycamore.

"Two stones?" said Alan.

"One held by the trainer and the other to the Pokémon, when the two stones resonate, the Pokémon temporarily attains great power" said Professor Sycamore.

As both Sycamore and Alan walk to the Pokémon garden in the research building, Alan begins to question more about Mega Evolution.

"Where does the power come from and is it given to humans?" said Alan.

"No, it's the Pokémon's own power. Humans only draw out the power using the stone, that's all. I believe it's the strong bond between human and Pokémon which allows this phenomenon to happen" said the Professor.

"A strong bond huh? Does Mega Evolution only come to existences through humans?" question Alan.

"Yes. That said there are many mysterious. It was an established theory that Pokémon can't turned back to their previous forms once they evolve. However, Mega Evolution overthrows that theory. They return back to normal" says the Professor while petting a Scatterbug. "Another question is why it only occurs during battles. According to the information in our possession, there are cases of Pokémon changing their types and abilities upon Mega Evolving"

A lab Garchomp then glides towards the two.

Alan is petting the Garchomp while saying "If their types and abilities change, releasing the power might place a burden on the Pokémon. Is that why it only happens during a battle?"

"That's a possibility" said the Professor.

A little Charmander passes by and rubs its head against Alan's leg.

"Either way, we don't have enough samples" said Professor Sycamore.

"You're right" said Alan while petting the little Charmander below. "I wonder how things are in the other regions"

"So far, all reported cases happened here in the Kalos region" said Professor Sycamore.

"Char Charmander"

"There, there little one" Alan said while petting the Fire type. "The Pokémon might be trying to tell us something through Mega Evolution"

"That's exactly the topic of my research. As someone researching Pokémon in Kalos, it's something I don't think I can avoid looking into" said the Professor.

Alan then gets up with him holding Charmander and says "I'll look for the stones Professor"

"Do you want to set off on a journey?" The Professor questions Alan.

"It's okay, right, Professor?" said Alan.

"Uhh... yes, but report to me on a regular basis" said the Professor.