CHAPTER 27

AMIR

" what!! "

" This is insane dad"

I shouted at my dad

" I can't do this, why would she do that" I angrily said.

"you need to understand son, this is the only best solution,don't forget that we have big business men,politicians who are also coming to attend the marriage. They would be disappointed if they find out that the wedding is cancelled " dad explained..

" who in their right mind would do such a thing dad, she is not even related to Aisha as you have said dad. "

" so please son, do this for me, for us and the family " he pat my right shoulder in a fatherly way.

" I want to see this girl dad, I want to see her before the marriage commence. " I said to my dad and he was looking at me with guilt.

Something must be wrong, so I asked him

" what is it dad, or don't I even have the right to see the new lady I'm about to get married to" I asked while he shakes his head.

" she requested to talk to you not until after the knot is tied" dad said guiltily.

I clenched my teeth in anger, if I get hold of whoever she is ,she would regret it.

" please son, don't be angry. Don't forget that she is doing us a favour,no one would do something like this to help from been disgraced,so be thankful to her. " dad said.

I wanted saying " no one asked her to" but I refrained myself.

Instead I'd I only nod at him but deep in my mind, I'm already planning her grave.

just let me get hold of you,i'll destroy you... My subconscious said.

" Thank you my son. May your child also listen to you" he prayed as he pat my back and left the his office.

Immediately he left, I kicked the stool close to me. I was in rage, when I was happy that the marriage might be called off but the stupid girl had to interfere. Now how would I leave with this kind of torture.

I went out of the office and walked straight to mom's room. I salaamed before entering. Mom was reciting the Holy Quran on her bed.

Upon seeing me, she end the recitation and closed the Quran.

" my son, to what do I owe this visit of yours this afternoon. " mom jested with her heart warming smile. I laughed at what she said, it was as if seeing my mom just made my anger go away.

I went to sit beside her on the bed and lay my head on her laps while she brush my hair with her delegate fingers. When ever I come to visit her in her room like this, she always knew that I'm bothered about something.

" child what is wrong" she asked as she run her fingers in my hair.

" Did you know about the change of plan, " I asked, I know dad already discussed it with her before telling me.

" yes son, we already discussed it with your dad and I was so mad at him for making you go through with it, but you know how strong headed your dad is, he would never listen" she said while she shake her head.

I sighed " So, that mean I'm about to marry someone I don't even know" I ask in wonder.

My mom smiled at me " I saw her son" she said and I was surprised that she had already seen her but when.

I raise my head up from her laps and gave her a questioning look. " when" I asked in surprise.

" your dad didn't tell you? " she asked in surprise.

" that man can be something else sometimes " she scolded and looked at me.

" when your father received the call this morning, we had to go to the Dabo's house and she was also there in the house. She was there sitting and worried about her friends where about and when we later find out where Aisha was , it will be too late for her father to drag her back so that leaves Ameera as the best option for us" she explained with a smile.

"you need to see her son, she is so beautiful and a nice lady. I also met her mother, her parents where not happy about this sudden marriage for her but they later agreed when Ameera explained something to her mother which I don't know of. Her parents are kind hearted people " mom said with a small smile and I sighed.

She look me in the eyes and held my face in hand. " please do this for me and I promise that you'd never regret it son"

I nodded at her and brought her close for a hug while she sighed as if to say that her mission is accomplished.

Soon after, I left to my room. I met Nasir and Khalifa talking about politics when I got to my section of the house.

" hey bro, what did you and dad talked about? "Nasir asked while eating popcorn.

I sat on the chair closer to them with a sigh.

" There is a change of plan"

" what do you mean by that, aren't you getting married anymore? " a confused Khalifa asked.

" The bride has been changed guys. It keep going from from frying pan to fire,i don't even know why all this have to happen in the first place. " I said

" if it's left for me, I don't even want to go ahead with the marriage. I'm confused right now " I sighed

" Hey, you need to calm down. Just leave all to Allah and I promise you all would be alright " Khalifa said while Nasir nodded.

I'm so fed up, how would I even leave with someone I don't even know in the first place. First it was Aisha but she flee and now their is Ameera, who I haven't even seen before. If I had a choice I wouldn't go with all this arrange marriage of a thing.

Khalifa and Nasir left to get the car ready. It's almost time to tie the knot which would take place in the mosque. I went into my room to get my shoes.

"Everything is set, we need to go now. " Said Nasir as he enters my room, I nodded at him and quickly put on my shoes.

" Alright, let's get going. "

" Angon Ameera" Nasir teased while I punched him at the back.

" oww oww,what have I done to deverve this kind of punch" said Nasir as he rubbed the area which I punched.

" Next time you'd think before saying something like that to me"

" but I was only saying the truth, few minutes later you'd be Angon Ameera" he teased again. I went closer to hit him again but he ran out of the house.

When I got to the car outside, my brothers where already waiting for me by the car. My younger brothers who were schooling outside country also came back to Nigeria to celebrate my marriage.

Khalifa, Nasir, and I got into one car while the remaining also went into another car. The mosque was filled up with people already, so many cars were parked outside the mosque. The Governor of kaduna state also came for the wedding and lots of high class people, business men and politicians.

*****

Hope you liked it guys.💕💕😊

Thanks for reading 😃💕💕