CHAPTER 32:THE TEASE

Amir pov

After giving the snacks to Ameera, I went straight to my room to relax because I had to wake up early today to do some things in the office. The investors I was in a contract with called to asked for some documents  so I had to rush to the office and make everything ready for them.

On my way home, I got a call from Khalifa. I park the car at the side of the road and answer Khalifa's call.

" hello, angon ameera" he teased.

He started using this stupid nickname to tease me on the day of my marriage and I told him countless times to stop but we all know Khalifa, he wouldn't even listen to me.

"how many times have I warned you to stop calling me with that stupid nickname?"

" oh, so what you mean now is that Ameera's name is stupid or what" he teased

" I said no such thing, Khalifa. Why are you even calling me in the first place"

" can't I even call my friend. How is our Amarya"

" why don't you just come over to greet her yourself and don't disturb me with your calls"

" Good idea, I think that's  what I'm going to do. I'm coming over to greet her, maybe I'd even bring sadiya your sister along with me" he joked

" Don't even try any nonsense with sadiya, she's out of bound for you" I threatened.

" OK man, don't eat me up. I was only joking. But don't blame me if I come with sadiya cos she already called to asked if I'm coming over" he said in a not my

I don't even know what is going on between those two.Anytime I raise the matter up, Khalifa always find something to say to brush it off.

" so, as I was saying, we'd come over to visit our Amarya."

" where are you right now coz I can hear sounds of cars and noises. Don't tell me you left only Ameera at home " nosey cat.

" why do you care. It's non of your business"

" I'm serious Amir, why would you leave her alone at your house. Aren't you supposed to be having your honeymoon " he said the last sentence to rile me up.

" stop it Khalifa, it non of your business "

" But think about it Amir, you know she has no one around your house. She is still new there and the list you could do is try to make her feel at home. Have you forgotten what I told you yesterday about giving her-"

" Enough Khalifa, enough with your fatherly speech. Sometimes I always wonder how you turn from being childish to fatherly so easily "

" so, to answer your question, I received a call from the investors I told you about. They needed some documents and I had to rush to the office to do that .Now that your question is answered, am I free now, father " he laughed at the father part

" well my son I'm satisfied with your answer. I can now see that you didn't purposely leave our Amarya alone at home" he teased.

" why do you even like referring to her as our Amarya. It not like we both got married to the same person man"

" You're funny man, don't you know that what belongs to you also belongs to me"  Such a playboy.

I can see that you are sick Khalifa and I pray that the woman you would get married to, would be able to keep up with your childishness "

" Ameen, I pray so too" he is seriously sick.

" Thanks for the prayer. At least you should buy our Amarya something on your way home, to make her feel at home . That is the least you could do for her since you left without even saying where you were even going to " Khalifa said.