CHAPTER 53: Unexpected

Ameera

I changed my clothes to a new dress , base on sadiya's order. She was like ' I looked like some one that want to go for a funeral not a birthday party ' . I even tried changing her mind but she was adamant that I have to change my dress to one of her's. I had no choice but to abide by her order.

Now here we are in the middle of the hall enjoying the birthday party . The celebrant and his wife are already in their special seat at the front of the crowd looking dashing like young couples. Amir's father wore a white kaftan with babanriga and his mother was dress in a beautiful sky blue lace all doll up by a professional makeup artists. They both suit each other.

The Mc call on the children to make a speech about moments they shared with their father. Firstly she started by calling Amir who I think isn't here yet. I haven't seen him since I came, he might be with his girlfriend.

" Amir Bula, please come out" the Mc called out again through the mic. " Amir Bula " she called out again

" he is here" someone shouted from the crowd. All eyes turn to the door just to see the first heir of the Bula's family.

He look dashing in his peach polo shirt. He isn't mine anymore. He walked to the Mc with confidence and this aura that will makes ladies want to kiss the floor he walks on.

" Alhaji Amir, welcome. We should have known that the bula's always make a grand entrance " the MC joke and the hall was filled with laughter, even the head of Bula wasn't left out on the laughter.

The speech continue after the laughter dies down. Amir gave his speech, he talked about the moments he sharedwith his father, the funny moments, hard moment, heart touching moments, the lovely moments and so on. It was a wonderful speech and I'm still amazed at how calm and collected he shared the story with everyone in the hall.

" wow, what a wonderful speech from the eldest son of the Bula. Who could have thought that the bula doesn't only make a grand entrance , they also can be amazing in sharing their moments" everyone laughed again at what the Mc said.

" Mrs Amir bula, where ever you are sitting right now. This young man is a keeper and I just want to say congratulations for winning this young man's heart. " the Mc praised through the speaker, those who knew me as amir's wife turn their head around to look at me and I was feeling so shy.

To say the Mc was a talkative was an understatement, she can talk and talk for Africa. This Mc work, really suit her.

Amir walked to our table to take his seat bcoz that's where the families were sitting. He met my eyes and quickly divert his gaze. He sat close to his cousin and I was told that she was his favorite cousin and she also has a crush on Amir. Sadiya told me all about her.

Well, she is beautiful after all and they will suit each other if they get married.

" yaya, you look dashing this afternoon" the cousin said in a thin voice, I watch Amir's face to see his reaction and what I saw was a sincere smile. Maybe he likes her too.

" Ameera, why are you quiet or don't you want to talk to your husband in our presence " one of the cousin teased in a good way and the rest laughed at me. I bow my head coz of how shy I was

" let her be, she can talk to him whenever she wishes " my life saver sadiya said

I have her a grateful smile which she also return.

I stole a look at Amir and he was already looking at me. I was speechless, I just look at him in admiration. He look so handsome.

He was also looking at me in a way I can't explain.