Chapter 1: Phone calls and flowers

I would be lying if I said I slept well last night

I would be lying if I said I slept well last night. The previous incident kept replaying in my head like a broken record.

I had no way to logically explain it. Something like this had never happened to me before and I was quite certain I wasn't mentally ill.

Yes, I was sleep deprived but even then I don't think I was tired enough to hallucinate such a gruesome scene.

"Bogum!" I heard the angry voice of my mother as I made my way over to the fridge.

"I want you home by 7 pm sharp." I grabbed a yogurt, making my way to the table.

"I'm sorry honey, but they want me to stay until 8." I placed a spoonful of the creamy goodness into my mouth, looking up at my bickering parents.

"Can you guys be quiet for a minute."

The angry woman turned to me, a scowl adorning her face. "You young lady have no right to talk. Do you know how embarrassing it was when you stormed off!"

"It's not my fault you invited random strangers into the house," I muttered, picking up my backpack and slinging it over my shoulder.

"Well those strangers son, was kind enough to offer you a ride to school this morning. Don't even think about objecting or no allowance for a month!"

I looked at my Dad pleadingly, but he instantly looked away. I should've known, he always does what mom wants.

The doorbell rang, and I begrudgingly opened the door. Yoongi stood there, completely clad in black. The same smirk from last night splayed across his face.

This guy was trying really hard to be edgy.

"Hey," I grumbled. Tying the shoelaces of my timberlands, I pushed passed him.

"You're so rude compared to last night before you ran away looking like you saw a ghost." he mused.

I sent him a wry smile. "Sorry to disappoint you Yoongs, I'm not all that nice."

"Well sorry for making assumptions princess." he sniggered, opening the door of his jet black car.

"Oh look the colour of your car corresponds with your personality!" I slid into the passenger seat, fastening my seatbelt.

He pulled out of the driveway the awkward silence being interrupted by the obnoxious sound of his phone.

"What's up?"

I watched his eyebrows furrow, and he responded a few moments later looking deep in thought. "I'll see you in 10, tell V not to do anything rash."

Glancing at him, I hoped he would tell me what the phone call was about. He just gave me a pointed look before ending the call.

I suppose curiosity did kill the cat. I sank down into the seat, making it my mission to see how many clouds I could count for the remainder of the ride.

We pulled up into the busy parking lot and I was already dreading the day. School was definitely not on the list of things I would like to be doing right now.

I muttered a quick thanks to the grumpy mint haired boy, before climbing out of the car to join the crowd.

"See you after school Princess!"

I didn't bother turning around and flashed him the middle finger. So maybe he wasn't as creepy as I had originally thought.

That still doesn't mean I like him though.

Making my way into the overpopulated gymnasium, I opted to sit beside a decent looking girl.

She immediately turned to me tossing out her hand. "My names Jisoo."

She seemed harmless enough. "Jihye," I smiled, shaking her outstretched hand.

Jisoo turned to the side, gesturing to the male to her left. "I'm BamBam, Jisoo's friend."

"It's nice to meet you both."

"Are you new? I don't think I've seen you around before."

"Yeah, I just moved here a few days ago from Australia."

She clapped her hands together in excitement. "That's so cool! Your Korean is quite good for a foreigner."

"Thanks, I'm half Korean so I've been learning since I was little."

"Hey want to see a picture of my cats?" BamBam spoke up.

"Sure?"

He passed his phone over to me, and I stifled a giggle at the sight of two naked cats strewn about the sofa.

"This is so great!" I laughed. "They're practically cat models."

"Actually, I plan on creating a cat pop group after I graduate."

"Follow your dreams man."

The lights suddenly dimmed and a stumpy man walked into the spotlight. "Welcome back to another wonderful year at BigHit High."

He then began to drone on, about school policies and what we should and shouldn't do.

I had begun to grow tired when he finally dismissed up saying we would only have one period before lunch.

I exchanged phone numbers with BamBam and Jisoo before searching for wherever class 216 was.

After asking for directions a couple times I finally made it to the already packed science class.

Taking my assigned seat beside an orange haired boy, I couldn't help but notice that he kept fiddling with the stem of some kind of plant.

The teacher began calling the attendance, and I was curious to find out my seatmates name.

"Im Nayeon."

"Oh sehun."

"Jung Hoseok."

The mysterious boy's hand sprung up and a wide smile appeared on his face. So Jung Hoseok was his name.

Halfway through the lesson, I had begun to have a bit of trouble so I turned to Hoseok for help.

He ended up being super nice and bubbly, which I found rather surprising. He had seemed kind of quiet and reserved when I first sat beside him.

The bell rang for lunch, and I bid farewell to Hoseok heading to the cafeteria.

"Jihye-ah!" I was suddenly attacked by Jisoo who demanded that I come with her and BamBam to get bubble tea for lunch.

I agreed, stopping by my locker to grab some money. But when I opened the door something surprising fell out.

A pretty pink flower now rested on the ground.

"Umm Jihye that's a begonia. It means-"

"Fear."