Chapter 15: Societies and Councils

I awoke with a dull pounding in my head

I awoke with a dull pounding in my head. The ceiling appeared to be distorted and I couldn't seem to remember where I was.

I heard hushed whispers and I groaned wishing that they'd shut up, so I could focus on the pain in my skull.

"Jihye get up," a soft voice cooed. I swatted my hand in the direction of the voice, satisfied when my hand came in contact which what I assumed to be someone's nose.

"Ow! Disrespecting your elders like that."

I rolled onto my side about to tell off whoever kept pestering me but the words died off in my mouth when I realized it was Seokjin.

The images of Taehyung bashing my head into the ground flashed through my head and I scrambled to my feet with a start.

Wincing at the constant throb in my head I stumbled over to the door, swaying side to side like a drunken sailor.

"Easy there Princess you're not going to get very far like that." Yoongi wrapped an arm around my waist and I was to weak to protest as he led me back to the infirmary bed.

I instantly collapsed onto the bed as another wave of discomfort overcame me.

"I'll go ask Hoseok for some of his pills," Seokjin stated getting up from the chair propped beside the mattress.

Yoongi nodded before dipping a washcloth in a basin of water. He tenderly placed it on my forehead before sending me a tight smile.

"Taehyung really did a number on you huh?"

I let out a dry chuckle. "It seems like he did a pretty good job."

"Taehyung has a bit of a problem dealing with his anger and tends to lash out when he's unable to process how he's feeling." Yoongi paused as if thinking over his next words carefully. 

" I think he was upset that you ran away from us and lost control. He ran back to us crying saying how he didn't mean to hurt you and the minute we got here he locked himself in his room."

"So you're saying it's okay to injure someone if you're angry and regret it after?"

He let out a sigh running a hand through his mint hair. "What I'm trying to say is Taehyung feels bad for what he did and you should consider forgiving him, even though he shouldn't have done so in the first place."

I gave Yoongi and incredulous look and was about to respond when Seokjin burst through the door a pair of blue pills in hand.

They were identical to the medicine Hoseok had given me after drinking Yoongi's druggie coffee.

The ravenette attempted to place the pills in my mouth and I simply pressed my lips into a thin line denying him access.

I had to take precautions at this point, just because they looked similar to the helpful pills Hoseok had given me didn't mean they were meant to do the same thing.

Seokjin let out a sigh. "Listen Jihye, I know you were brought here against your will but we really are looking out for you."

"And that's why Taehyung bashed my head into the ground."

Yoongi let out an angry huff. "I already explained that!"

I rolled my eyes, snatching the pills out of Seokjin's hand I swallowed them dry. "If I die I hope you all burn in hell."

Namjoon walked in a scowl on his face. "I see the dramatic baby has awoken."

"Screw you Kim."

He didn't bother retorting and instead called the rest of the boys in to the room. I could feel my body begin to relax and I knew that those had indeed been the same pills Hoseok had given me.

I glanced across the room seeing that Taehyung had seated himself furthest away looking like a lost puppy.

I sighed hating the fact that I felt pity for the boy who had assaulted me, but deep down I knew this guilty looking boy in front of me was the real Taehyung.

"Taehyung you can come closer you know."

The boys eyes lit up at the invitation and he pulled a chair over to where Jungkook sat, the fluorescent lights making his tan skin appear shiny.

"Now Jihye, well you were knocked out we had a discussion, and a majority vote was held to see if we could let you join us. It was 6-1 so I'm happy to say that you now have the option to join us." Seokjin smiled.

"To join what exactly?" I was skeptical as to what they were apart of.

Namjoon glared at me. "I suppose I'll explain to the simpleton."

"There's a society of superhumans that are split into two categories imperium and partum. Those names derived from the latin terms control and create. We can either manipulate an element or create something out of nothing. No one knows how we came to be, but our kind existed in secret for generations. But the council, which is run by the highest ranking imperium and partum has recently fallen into disarray.

After Kim Jongin was elected leader of the council he embedded the thought into the other members minds that since we had superior abilities compared to humans that we should enslave the human race. Some of our kind didn't believe that the humans should be used as mere tools, after all we had lived in peace for many years. That led to rebellions being formed and we are a part of that rebellion. We're known as BTS or Bangtan Sonyeondan and those people you saw dressed in white work for the council."

I raised an eyebrow not believing a word that exited his mouth. "So what you're saying is you guys have magical powers and are rebelling against an unethical leader."

Jungkook rubbed his neck sheepishly. "I guess you could say that."

Namjoon smacked the back of Jungkook's head. "No you can't say that this is a life or death matter the world will be tossed into war if Jogin procedes with his plan."

"If this really is true why would you bother telling me? I'm human after all and can't really help fight against a super human race." I mocked, annoyed at the fact that they kidnapped me only to tell me constant lies.

"Well your not a human actually, your like us." Taehyung whispered.

I burst out laughing at his absurd statement. "Your saying I have magical powers."

Everyone remained dead serious, and Namjoon gestured towards Hoeseok. "Show her."

I watched as a small stem sprouted from Hoseok's outstretched palm, molding itself into a pinkish flower I had seen before. A begonia.

I had nothing to say as my mouth hung agape in shock. A plant just grew out of Hoseok's hand. A flower now resting on the floor.

The orange-haired boy beamed a my loss of words. "Amazing right! I put one in your locker on your first week here!"

"T-That's just a cheap parlour trick," I stuttered, there was no way that just actually happened.

Namjoon sighed. "Yoongi."