Chapter 27: Truths and Blood Oaths

"Jihye I can explain-"

I sighed. "It's okay BamBam, I'm surprised, but I never told you what I was doing either I guess it justs sucks that were on different sides... Is Jisoo one of you too?"

He shook his head before glancing over at Mark, who was silently seething. I got the message and whispered to Hoseok to move him to a different room.

He shot me a confused glance but complied anyways dragging the brooding boy into another room.

I looked at BamBam expectantly.

"Jisoo isn't part of our race, but there's something important I have to tell you."

I paused. "Ok but I have a question first. Did you know I was like you all along?"

"No, not until I stumbled across you set Mark's shoe on fire and when you started hanging around those guys. They aren't very good at being subtle, you're honestly lucky that my brothers the only one from the council at our school because he's pretty dumb, even dumber than that idiot Baekhyun who spray painted all over the wall after he found out he had an ability too. Luckily it got covered up as him just being a weirdo."

Ahh, so that's what Jisoo was talking about at the start of the year. "But wait aren't you a part of the council too?"

He pursed his lips. "I started working against them, from the inside. I'm only a high-level council member, but I stumbled across something I shouldn't have seen, that I need to tell you about."

I leaned forward anticipating his answer.

"I stumbled across some old records and they lied Jihye. They said no one knew where we came from, but these records dated back to 300 BC and they showed us as gods and rulers. All those greek, roman and Egyptian gods you learn about in school were of our race."

"And, the head council member doesn't plan on controlling humans. He plans on eradicating the Earth as a whole, so our spirits can supposedly return to our home planet."

My eyes widened. "How does he plan on doing that, Souls might not even exist!"

"All those people he was collecting, all of our race that he has executed as examples, he plans on using them as vessels for those gods of the past, the strongest of us, the aquelis, as they used to be called, to destroy the planet and return back to ours in soul.  

"Our souls are the source of our abilities so we have to have them. He basically wants us to all start over. But then we'll remember nothing of who we are, or who we love or anything you've experienced in this life."

He paused. "And I don't think I could bear to forget Jisoo." 

My fingers had begun to tremble at the thought of that being possible and I understood BamBam's reasoning for switching sides. 

"but by doing that he's defying the laws of nature, he can't bring people back to life."

"I know it seems impossible but the leader's son, is the last aquelis and he has the powers of resurrection."

Didn't Hoseok say that aquelis were just uncommon? That I was one?

"Hoseok!" I called, trying to hide the fear in my voice.

The boy immediately dashed into the room. "Are you alright?"

"I thought you said aquelis were just uncommon?"

I watched as he froze, a sense of dread creeping into my heart.

"I couldn't tell you, you weren't supposed to exist."