Chapter 8: Blue Pills and revelations

To say I felt like absolute shit would be an understatement

To say I felt like absolute shit would be an understatement. The strange coffee's effects had worn off about an hour ago, and the minute I had got home I retreated to the comfort of my bed.

My head felt like it was about to rip apart and I promised myself that the next time I saw Yoongi he'd be receiving a black eye.

Groaning, I buried my face into the pillows trying to find any source of relief, from my aching body parts.

I felt my eyes begin to recede into the back of my head, at the sudden frantic ringing of the doorbell.

I really didn't wish to participate in any form of movement, but the ringing didn't seem like it'd stop anytime soon.

I dragged myself downstairs and opened the front door with a huff. The one and only Jung Hoseok stood on the porch, plastic bag in tow.

A large smile decorated his face, and I invited him inside, hoping to save my eyes from the glare of the sun outside.

I didn't even bother wondering why he knew where I lived because the mint-haired druggie next door seemed to have informed everyone.

"So Yoongi really did give you the special coffee," he winced, sympathizing with my current state.

"At least we know you have potential."

I narrowed my eyes perturbed by his statement. "What do you mean by potential? You aren't planning to use me to test out Yoongi's drugs, right?"

The orange haired boy let out a hearty chuckle, doubling over in laughter. I only gave him a pointed look, not finding my question as funny as he did.

Realizing that I was being serious, he paused seemingly thinking for the right words to use.

"I just meant that you have the potential to deal with Yoongi's weird tendencies."

Hoseok was quite obviously lying, his fidgeting and the way he bit his lip a dead give away.

I decided not to bother confronting him about it, doubting that it was important enough to interrogate him about it.

"So what's in the bag?" I questioned.

The male glanced down, suddenly remembering the bag clutched tightly in his hand.

"Oh yeah! I brought you some medicine and food to help with the side effects."

He pulled a red cardboard box out of his bag of wonders and my eyes lit up at the sight.

It was a chicken nugget meal (Yes I recognized it immediately) and I couldn't be happier to see it.

I snatched it out of his grasp, giving him a quick peck on the cheek, to elated to consider the fact that it might give him the wrong impression.

I waited for Hoseok to take off his expensive looking shoes, before bounding into the kitchen. I sat at the island, and he took a seat beside me, watching in amusement as I dug into the overly salted fries and crispy chicken nuggets.

It was kind of sad how I'd let anyone win me over with food, but you know, food does taste irresistibly good. Except for cheesecake, cheesecake was super gross. 

I let out a satisfied burp satisfied with my meal. I became embarrassed when I glanced over at the provider of my food to see he had an emotionless look on his face.

"Sorry," I muttered, pressing my clammy hands to my cheeks in hope that they would cool down. I was quite sure my un-ladylike behaviour was less than attractive. 

He let out a laugh at my failed attempt to put out the raging flames that had engulfed my entire face.

Once again, his contagious smile returned and I could feel myself begin to find the stupidity of the whole situation quite hilarious.

My short-lived contentment came to an end when a searing pain shot through my forehead. I pressed my head to the table desperately seeking to extinguish the feeling of someone banging a baseball bat against my skull.

I could hear the orange haired boy shuffling around but I was to overwhelmed by the immense pain to care.

"Jihye, take this."

I raised my head, seeing Hoseok place a glass of water and a pair of blue pills in front of me.

"You're kidding right? I" I was just about done with ingesting unknown substances.

"I wouldn't give you anything bad ok? I'm not Yoongi."

"But I just took advil."

"It doesn't matter."

I stared into his charcoal eyes, letting out a sigh when I realized he had nothing but good intentions.

I placed the tiny cylinders on to my awaiting tongue, before picking up the glass of crystalline liquid and swallowing the pills.

The male appeared to be content with my action, promising that I would feel better soon.

His phone began to violently buzzed, and he slid it out of his pocket with ease.

"Hello?"

Hoseok hung up a minute later, before mumbling a series of incoherent sentences.

"I've got to go deal with something now so I'll see you at school tomorrow?" He flashed me an apologetic smile.

"Only if I'm not dead, and thanks for the food and whatever kind of pills those where."

I saw him out the door, before returning back to my bed. Grabbing my phone off the bedside table I was surprised to see a message from an unknown number.

Unknown: Is this Song Jihye?

Jihye: Yes, who is this?

Unknown: This is the Sydney orphanage, we found a small issue in your adoption form after reviewing some of our older files, and couldn't get ahold of your parents

My phone clattered to the floor and I stared blankly at the wall. Adoption form? I couldn't imagine being adopted, there had to be some kind of mistake.

I came out of Song Chungha on June 11th 17 years ago at Canberra hospital. That's what I had been told ever since I was young.

But it seemed that as I sat there, my headache had been replaced with a different kind of ache.

One no pill could erase.