Chapter 4: Mothers and Jungle gyms

In a flash, Jimin had appeared at my side napkins in tow

In a flash, Jimin had appeared at my side napkins in tow. "I-I'm so sorry!" The waitress stuttered, bowing repetitively.

"It's fine accidents happen," I muttered Jimin didn't spare her a glance as he hurriedly handed me a bundle of the soft tissues.

I dabbed at the stain, sighing when I realized that the pink splotch was quite prominent against the beige cotton of my sweater.

Jimin let out an incoherent grumble as he hoisted me to my feet. "Pack the food up to go."

The waitress let out a quick nod, saying it was on the house before scurrying into the back.

"At least I smell like strawberries now." I joked, hoping to lighten the mood.

"I could always lick it off for you." And pervert Jimin was back.

A gruff looking old man came out a moment later, handing us three foam boxes. He apologized for the inconvenience.

"I added two slices of apple pie in there as well."

My eyes lit up at the thought of extra food. Perhaps my sweater had become a worthy sacrifice.

I trailed after the perverted blond, and couldn't keep my gaze off of the styrofoam containers.

"You can eat now if you're that hungry."

I Immediately snatched one, delighted that I was given the green light. Sinking my teeth into the juicy flesh of the burger, I felt like my life finally had meaning. 

The boy beside me gave me an incredulous look as an odd sound of contentment left my mouth.

"You never told me you were a wolf pancake."

"What can I say? I like me some food."

We arrived in front of my house and I became suspicious as to how he knew where I lived.

"I don't remember telling you my address."

"Your Yoongi Hyungs neighbour so of course I know where you live."

"I forgot about that," I muttered sheepishly. I climbed out of his car saying thanks before I made my way to the front door.

"Bye pancake!" I turned around just in time to see him speeding off down the street. Rolling my eyes, I opened the front door only to be greeted by my mother.

"Why were you out so late? the volleyball game only ran until 4, and now it's 6."

Like she actually cared. "I took the long way home."

"I doubt the long way took 2 hours! You're grounded for the rest of the week."

"You can't just ground me because I was late, you never even bothered texting me to come home!"

I could feel myself becoming angry, and I felt a dull thrumming in my veins. I immediately stormed out of the house, ignoring the shrill voice of my mother.

I just needed to calm down so the irritating tingling would vanish. I made it to the small park down the street, just as the sun was setting and decided that there was no better place to contemplate life.

I plopped down on the swings, rocking back and forth on the balls of my feet. The troublesome feeling I got whenever I was truly vexed had begun to subside.

Sometimes I thought I was crazy, whenever I was mad, I'd start to feel itchy, and feel like my skin was burning off.

I couldn't bring myself to tell anyone because then I would probably be shipped off to some asylum somewhere if my mom had any say.

She was honestly the main reason for my anger. I really do love her, but the fact that she manipulates my father and seems to want to knit pick and control everything I do irks me.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt someone sit on the swing beside me.

I glanced over surprised to see a broad-shouldered boy, clad completely in black. I found the fact that he was wearing a dark surgical mask quite suspicious.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

I turned to the man, unwilling to believe that he would ask such a question. "First of all I don't know you, and for all I know you could be a murderer and be ready to stab me."

A dying whale sounding laugh left his lips. I looked on in horror as the odd noises exited his lips. He eventually stopped, awkwardly clearing his throat, perhaps realizing I was serious.

"Well if I wanted to kill you I probably already would've and you look troubled. So me being the nice guy I am, thought I might let you vent out your pent up emotions on a stranger."

I debated accepting his offer, yes he was a stranger so he really couldn't expose me to anyone and it would help me acquire some form of relief.

So I decided to unburden myself and told him about the weird feeling I get when I'm angry and about my parent issues.

He nodded along, with only small comments here and there. I hated to admit it but he was right, I felt 10 times lighter.

I only realized how late it had gotten when my stomach began to grumble. The mysterious stranger stood up, stating that he had to head home.

"Remember to eat all of your vegetables and don't stress out to much, or else you'll never be as attractive as me."

I let out a dry chuckle, watching as he retreated down the dimly lit sidewalk. I wasn't quite ready to go home yet, despite the pleas of my stomach. So I decided to play on the jungle gym because I am 10, not 17.

I trotted my way over to the elaborate multi-coloured structure and climbed up onto the rusty monkey bars. I think I had been hanging upside down for 10 minutes when I became nauseous, and let's just say that feeling your stomach acid jumping around was not pleasant.

After falling down the twisty slide a few times and praying that no one happened to walk by and witness my idiocy, I was cold and hungry enough to trek back to the red brick building down the road.

I crept into the house, making sure to do everything twice as quiet so that I wouldn't be attacked by an angry banshee. It was unfortunate for me that my dad had taken the night shift.

Tiptoeing into the kitchen, I grabbed some leftover kimchi from the fridge. Unwrapping the spicy goodness, I carefully placed it in the microwave.

I silently cursed when the machine started making obnoxious noises. Luckily, I heard no loud stomping so I was allowed to enjoy my food peacefully.

With a full stomach, and a clear mind I made my way to bed. I drifted off to sleep, undeniably grateful for that stranger in the park.