Seven

Done!

Marinette heaved a sigh of relief as she stared at her mini dress. It was looking awesome, better than she thought it would. She stretched and headed to bed.

Tomorrow was the day.

----

Marinette looked around at the others and their designs. She had to admit, their mini dresses too were looking fantastic.

Her eyes then landed on Chloe's dress. It was way shorter and revealing than any of the others, but then of course, that's just Chloe to you.

Gabriel took the mic and walked to the front. "Okay," He spoke. "You're going to be taking turns and showing off your dresses. If you hear your name, it's your turn. After, at the end, I will point at you, and if you are pointed at, you are through to the next round."

Marinette nodded along with the others. To he honest, she was shaking. She looked over by the side to see Adrien, who gave her a thumbs up. Of course, Chloe, who was behind her, thought the thumbs up was for her, so she gave Adrien a thumbs up back, in which Adrien frowned.

Marinette giggled to herself. Why did this actually make her feel a lot better?

Soon, Mylene's name was called out. Mylene, with her dress, walked up to the front. She started explaining her dress, and how long it had taken to make it.

Her dress looked like this;

After her turn, a few girls went

After her turn, a few girls went. Marinette turned, and saw Adrien staring at her again. He gave a little smile, in which she ignored. Did Adrien come to distract her?!

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

But doesn't he understand that today is a big day for me? Does he want me to lose?!

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng?"

And who does he think he is?! He probably flirts with a bunch of other girls. Does he think I'm going to fall for him?!

Someone tapped her on the shoulder and she realized it was Alya. Alya cleared her throat. "Your name have been called."

"Oh." Marinette quickly hurried to the front.

"Haha!" Chloe pointed. "Her dress probably looks bad, and that's why she doesn't want to show it off."

Marinette glared at her, but focused anyway. She held up her dress up high.

Her dress looked like this;

She smiled widely as the girls clapped, except for Chloe, who stood there, folding her arms

Her dress is pretty good, but it's nowhere better than mine!

Alya went after that. Her dress was also white. She held it up high for everyone to see.

It looked like this;

Chloe huffed as the others clapped for her

Chloe huffed as the others clapped for her. She looked away to see Adrien on his phone, and waved, hoping he would see her. He didn't look up though.

Finally it was her turn. She had asked to go last, so she walked up to the front and held up her dress.

As people expected, hers was the most shortest, and showed a lot of skin when wearing.

"Of course I'm going through to the next round," Chloe said out loud. "It's a mini dress. It's supposed to be short and revealing."

Her dress looked like;

People clapped for her, but she realized; a lot more people had clapped for Marinette than her

People clapped for her, but she realized; a lot more people had clapped for Marinette than her. And she had also noticed Adrien clapping for Marinette, but now he was just on his phone.

She huffed and headed back to her spot, glaring at Marinette while at it.

Gabriel nodded his head. "Lots of beautiful dresses I've seen, I might say. Now, there will be a little party before I announce the ones who make it through. Only one person will be out, and you better hope you're not that person.

"At the party, you're to wear your dresses you made. Let's see how many compliments you get from others. Now, you can all go and get ready."

Marinette scrambled away to her room. She sighed happily, knowing today had gone better than she imagined it. Now, she was hoping she was one of those to make it to the next round.

A knock came on her door, and she could already guess that it was Adrien on the way he knocked. Still, feeling alright, she walked up to the door and opened it.

I was hoping it wasn't him, but it really is.

"Marinette," He walked in without asking. "I need your help."

"What?!" Marinette rolled her eyes and shut the door.

"First to say, you did a really good job," Adrien smiled and walked closer to her. Marinette backed away until her back hit the door. "Second, this is about Chloe."

Marinette frowned. "Chloe?"

Adrien nodded. "At the party, you know how she's going to be trying to get to me. I mean I can handle a bit of it, but it's going to be really annoying."

"And how do I help you with that?" Marinette had to admit, she felt bad for him. Chloe was a tough egg to handle. Imagine having to be with her.

"I want you to come to the party with me," Adrien spoke. "If Chloe sees us together, she might leave me alone."

"No thanks," Marinette walked away from him. "I don't want to deal with Chloe anyway."

"Oh, come on. Please!" Marinette was surprised. This was the first time she'd seen Adrien begging. "I'll return the favor. You can ask for anything."

"Oh, anything?" Marinette smirked. "Alright then. Deal!"

Well, this should be fun.

~ Edited ~