Twenty-Five

After the kiss, Marinette had returned back to her room from the party. She didn't feel like continuing the party any longer.

Desperately in need of something to do, Marinette fished out her phone and tapped in Alya's name to send her a message.

M - hey, how are you doing? How's the party going to you?

Alya instantly replied.

A - it was going great, that is until Nino decided to join a couple of some boys. Now I'm all alone, so thanks for texting me. It gives me something to do.

M - nice.

A - are you okay, girl?

M - He kissed me.

A - who?

M - Adrien.

A - ah, that's amazing!

A - tell me all about it.

A - did you enjoy it?

A - hello? I demand an explanation!

M - I didn't kiss him back.

A - why?

M - I don't know. I guess I was probably too scared to do so.

M - I guess I didn't want to give in.

A - but do you like him?

M - I don't know.

A - how can you not know?! Girl, you have to know.

A - how does he make you feel?

M - annoyed.

A - :;((•﹏•๑)));: seriously?! Give me an honest answer.

M - well sometimes my heart do start beating fast once I'm around him.

A - then you definitely like him.

M - I don't know if that's a good thing. Does he even like me back, or has been he been fooling me?!

A - don't worry. I'll help you.

M - thanks.

Marinette felt way better after having that conversation with Alya. Maybe her best friend really was the best person that could help her in this situation even though Alya has been trying to get her together with Adrien in the beginning.

She then heard footsteps walking up the stairs, and she could immediately tell that it was Adrien. She waited for Adrien to knock on her door, but when that didn't happen, Marinette knew Adrien had walked inside his own room.

She sighed and put her phone away. She wasn't exactly sure why she wanted Adrien to come inside her room; maybe she was just really in need of company.

As she was getting ready to go to bed, even though it was still daytime, she headed a knock on her door. She rushed to it, maybe too fast, and opened the door.

"Hey, Adr-" Marinette looked up. "Oh, Nathaniel, it's you. I thought you were someone else." Why did she feel so disappointed? "What do you need?"

"I just came here to make sure of something," Nathaniel spoke. Marinette noticed that he had a displeased look on his face. "I... I wanted to make sure that there was nothing going on between you and Adrien, and that you're completely available to date..."

Marinette frowned. "Why... Do you want to know that?"

"Because..." Nathaniel drew in a breath. "I saw you two kiss!"

Marinette stood frozen. She wasn't sure on what to say or do. She wasn't really sure about how she felt about others seeing her and Adrien kiss. She didn't know why she felt so nervous.

"And why does it matter to you?!" Another voice spoke. Marinette didn't know why, but she felt glad that Adrien had butt in and joined the conversation.

"What?" Nathaniel turned to Adrien.

"I asked why it matters to you!" Adrien repeated. "It's not like you and Marinette are dating so why make such a big deal out of it?!"

"If I remembered correctly, I was talking to Marinette, not you!" Nathaniel exclaimed, before turning his attention back to Marinette. "So, are you two together?"

"No," Marinette shook her head.

"Is there anything going on between you two?!" Marinette suddenly felt so annoyed at how Nathaniel was asking questions. "Do you... Have feelings for him?"

Both Marinette and Adrien froze at the last question. Adrien turned to Marinette to hear what her answer would be. Marinette had sweat running down her cheeks. She was brought back to the conversation she had with Alya on her phone.

"N-no," She muttered. "No, I don't. Please, the both of you leave me alone!" And she walked inside her room, hoping that this time the boys would listen.