Fifty - Nine

Nathaniel placed his designs carefully on the bed, before walking out of his room with the door closed. The crowd were beginning to clear up now, most of them already sitting in the big room. When he turned away from his door, he noticed Ella and Emily right away, standing on top of the staircase.

When he walked closer to them, he was able to hear what they were saying. Something about breaking into someone's room.

"But what about the cameras?" Emily lifted her head up and asked.

"I mean, we're not in the competition anymore, so why does the rules matter to us?" Ella chuckled. "Plus, Gabriel is so busy with the guests that he won't find out it was us until he goes to his office. Anyway, Marinette's outfits would be ruined by then, she won't have anything to present, and Nathaniel would most likely win. Marinette would be devastated."

"Nice, I like that idea," Emily bobbed her head up and down. "Let's do it when Adrien gets here, that way Marinette can be distracted while we do our thing.

Nathaniel bit his lip after hearing all that. He took a step back, before walking forward down the stairs, pretending he hadn't heard a thing. The twins didn't look suspicious, But Emily whispered something in Ella's ear while looking at Nathaniel.

It wasn't that he would most likely win the competition if Marinette failed, it wasn't that he didn't feel bad for Marinette because she had so many enemies, but this time, Nathaniel planned on doing nothing to stop the twins.

Absolutely nothing.

---------

It took a while, but finally Adrien showed up. Behind him, Alya, Nino, Rose, Mylene, Juleka, Alix, Kim, Max and Sabrina were there. Marinette rushed down the stairs at the sight of them, jumping to hug them for being there.

Ella tapped on Emily's shoulder, before pointing towards Marinette, who had gotten into a conversation with her friends. She gave Emily a thumps up, and both twins began to make their way up the stairs. Again, Nathaniel noticed them doing so, and he almost stepped forward to tell Marinette what was going on, but stopped himself, and walked away.

"Stupid girl," Ella laughed as she opened the door to Marinette's room. "She forgot to lock the door."

"What an idiot," Ella laughed along. "She must have really been excited when she saw her boyfriend," she said in a mocking tone.

Both girls looked around, and when they were sure no one was looking, they slipped inside the room, Emily closing it without making too much noise.

"Do you know what outfit she has to make for the finals?" Ella asked, looking around the room. Emily, standing right next to her, shook her head. "Right, Gabriel didn't tell the audience." She turned to her twin. "So how do we know which outfit to ruin?"

Emily opened a drawer and picked up the two pair of scissors she found in there. She handed one over to Ella and looked around again. "Well," She shrugged, "I guess we just ruin everything."

"Sweet!" Ella opened the closet and grinned to see all of the clothing inside. "One of these clothes has to be her design for the finals. Start cutting, Emily!"

They grabbed whatever they could, and made sure it didn't look good anymore. Whatever clothing they ruined, they threw the pieces over to the floor.

"Hey, look at this!" Emily showed her sister a jumpsuit. "It looks so nice and designed. I bet this is her outfit for the finals." Then using her pair of scissors, Emily cut the jumpsuit in half, starting from the bottom. "Now she has no outfit for the design."

The twins high-5ed each other, before continuing with their work.

~~~

"Wait, hold on," Marinette raised a finger to stop her friends from the conversation they were having. "It's going to start in about 20 minutes now. I want to make sure I'm ready."

Her friends waved her off, and she headed towards her room. When she got there, the door was opened just a little bit, which was weird, because she had made sure to lock the door.

Why is the door unlocked now?

Marinette, still with her frown, opened the door and stepped inside. She gasped loudly once she saw her room in a total mess. Bits and pieces of clothing were scattered all over the floor. Two pair of scissors were also laying on the floor carelessly.

Marinette gritted her teeth. It was no doubt known that whoever had been here was trying to ruin her outfits for the finals. But that person had been stupid to think it would be in her room.

After all she had placed her outfits in another special room.

~ Edited ~