Thirty - Five

Disqualified!

Disqualified!

Disqualified!

Alya couldn't stop shaking, no matter how much Marinette was trying to calm her down. Instead she was been dragged out of the building by some of Gabriel's helpers.

Marinette sighed, not believing that this was actually happening. She looked over at Emily and Ella, who were laughing silently to themselves, then she started walking towards them.

"How did you guys even do that?!"

Emily and Ella turned to her. "Do what, disqualify Alya and Nino?" Ella asked. "Simple, I caught Alya and Nino making out in that room and got it on video way before you, Marinette, even showed up."

"And it's a good thing we showed it to Gabriel," Emily laughed. "We're trying to be winners here, Marinette, not help each other. I can't believe you were planning on keeping the secret away from Gabriel."

Marinette clenched her fists, but didn't say anything as she started walking away.

"Hey, be glad! At least you're still here!" Ella yelled out to her. "Even though you aren't going to last long!"

Marinette covered her ears and ran upstairs, bumping into Adrien who was walking down the stairs.

"Hey Mari-"

"I can't talk now, Adrien!" Marinette ran past him and started heading to her room. Adrien followed close behind after sending glares to Ella and Emily, who were now giggling.

"Marinette, it's okay," Adrien entered her room and walked to where she was. "Those two girls are just trying to get to you so they could win, but I know you're stronger than this, Marinette."

Marinette sighed, looking down on the floor. "I just never expected that."

"Me too," Adrien nodded as he took a seat right beside her. "Ella and Emily are definitely poison that we need to avoid. If they're trying to ruin us, then we have to get to them first."

"How?" Marinette looked up at him.

"I don't know, but we're definitely not taking them down with you like that," Adrien moved closer to her. "Maybe we can catch them doing something that they shouldn't be doing."

"You're just trying to make me feel better because you want that date to happen, right?!" Marinette looked away.

"What? What do you mean?"

"I mean... You think if I'm upset, I wouldn't want to go. I know I'm right, Adrien. Don't even try to deny it!"

"Well sure, but that's not the whole reason why I'm here," Adrien grumbled. "If Ella and Emily got to you just like they got to Rose, then you wouldn't be trying your hardest anymore, and probably might even be eliminated next round. Just warning you!" He stood up to leave.

"Wait!" Marinette grabbed his arm, pulling him back to where he was sitting. "Can you just... Stay for a while."

Adrien inched closer towards her with a smirk. "Yeah, definitely. Seems like you've finally warmed up to me."

"Whatever!"

--------

"Huh, weird, I don't see them," Lydia looked around. "You think Marinette and Adrien couldn't make it to this party?"

"Marinette and Adrien?" Ella and Emily suddenly walked forward to them. "I saw them leave. I think they asked for Gabriel's permission, and they left for a date."

"Yeah," Ella nodded. "Adrien really seems to like that girl. Don't know how and why, but he's really got this deep crush on her."

"Shut up, you don't know a thing!" Chloe yelled.

"I don't know a thing? You're the one who's trying to eliminate Marinette too badly because you're scared that Adrien would soon make her his girlfriend," Ella rolled her eyes. "Chloe, there is something you don't understand. Adrien doesn't like you! It doesn't matter if he likes Marinette or not, but the thing is, he doesn't like you!"

"Shut up!"

"We can't possibly do that. We're just telling the truth," Emily laughed. "And what are you stalling for, Lydia? I mean, I heard that you partnered up with Chloe to eliminate Marinette as well because you're afraid she would win."

Lydia gritted her teeth. How do these girls know all this?! Have they been spying on us or something?

"Lydia, stop wasting your time," Ella rolled her eyes. "We might hate Marinette, but her design was way better yours, so just give up. Come on, Emily. Let's leave these two to ponder over what we just told them."

Lydia turned to Chloe. "Don't listen to them. They're just trying to make us feel that we're not good enough."

"That's their trick," Chloe stomped her foot out of anger. "They plan on eliminating people that matters to others, so they would feel bad and not try their best. Just like Juleka left, they started making fun of Rose and Rose ended up not trying her best. She almost got eliminated.

"And then we have Marinette. They eliminated Alya to make her feel upset so she wouldn't try her hardest. Oh my goodness, what if they're trying to eliminate Adrien?! They know I care about him, so they're trying to eliminate him to make me upset so I wouldn't try my hardest!"

"Chloe," Lydia clenched her fists. "I don't think we should be going for Marinette now." Her eyes darkened. "Emily and Ella should be the first on our list to eliminate!"

~ Edited ~