Twenty-Three

Marinette was actually really having so much fun at the party. This was the first ever party that Marinette had ever had fun in while Adrien was there.

A few moments later, she saw Lydia and Nathaniel dancing together. She didn't know why she felt so uncomfortable seeing the two of them together, but she decided to stop thinking about it and have fun like she was before.

Adrien had noticed Marinette staring at Nathaniel with Lydia. He clenched his fists. Why did he feel like he lost all over again?

Maybe if I actually try to get more closer to her, then she'll forget all about Nathaniel. Maybe if I show her that I can he a better person than Nathaniel, then she will end all her feelings for him.

He then noticed that Nathaniel had stopped dancing with Lydia, and was making his way towards Marinette, who was grabbing herself a drink. Adrien quickly knew what was happening, and rushed to Marinette.

Nathaniel was surprised when Adrien rushed over to Marinette, as if being protective of her. That didn't stop him from talking to her anyway.

"Hey Marinette," He waved as soon as the girl turned around. "Want to dance with me?"

Adrien glared at the redhead boy. "Nathaniel, you just danced with Lydia. What, you think you can just play the girls and get away with it? After you dance with Marinette, are you going to dump her and ask another girl to dance?!"

"Adrien, calm down," Nathaniel chuckled, finding the whole thing amusing. "I just want to dance with Marinette. Why do you have to make choices for her? She can make decisions in her own."

Marinette opened her mouth to speak, but afraid that she was going to say yes to Nathaniel, Adrien quickly interrupted her. "Marinette doesn't want to dance with you!" He grabbed her arm and pulled her away from Nathaniel, who watched.

Marinette groaned and rolled her eyes as she let Adrien pull her away from Nathaniel. "You know, it's hot like I even wanted to dance with him," She spoke.

Adrien stopped. Now they were in your hallways, and he realized they were alone. He was surprised at Marinette's words. "You didn't?"

"No, after all I came to this party with you. Why would I want to leave with another guy?" She hasn't meant to sound that way, but Adrien pretended she did and smirked.

"So, if I asked you to dance, would you say yes?" He folded his arms as he waited for her answer.

Marinate thought about it. "Maybe, if you were being a gentleman."

Adrien thought about what that meant. To him it meant that Marinette would choose him over Nathaniel if he was being a gentleman. "That makes sense, I guess." He wanted to ask if they could go back and dance, but he couldn't find his voice, and instead leaned in towards her.

Marinette didn't know what to do, but she didn't move either. Adrien had gotten really close to her that their noses were touching. She felt her cheeks burn bright red. She wanted to move away, but couldn't seem to as if her feet were glued to the floor. It was as if Marinette wanted to know what Adrien was going to do next. It was as if she was expecting him to make a move.

Adrien got even more closer, and finally hesitantly pressed his lips against hers. Marinette's whole face turned full blown red. He waited for her to push him away from her, but Marinette didn't do that. She didn't kiss back either.

Finally he pulled away. He couldn't really say he enjoyed the kiss, but he did enjoy how her face had looked like, And how she hasn't pulled away. Once Adrien pulled away from the kiss, he swore he saw Marinette's face turn into disappointment, as if she wanted more. And maybe... She did want more.

That's when her eyes widened in realization. "A-Adrien, we weren't supposed to kiss! It's against the rule! We... We're going to get disqualified!" She couldn't believe it. She couldn't believe she had let Adrien do that to her.

Adrien chuckled. "Calm down. During the party, we're allowed to do whatever we want. It's during the designing competition that we're not allowed to do anything."

"Positive?" Adrien nodded. Marinette breathed a sigh of relief. She then backed away from Adrien, before leaving.

~~~

I made more covers, so you guys decide which one you like the best now.

he first one?

he first one?

The second one?

The second one?

The third one?

Or do you still want a cover from the previous chapter?

Or the original one?