Forty - Two

Chloe stood up to go back to her room. As she was going, she bumped into Marinette with the nastiest look she could ever give her, but Marinette just frowned, before moving out of her way.

Before she headed to her room, Chloe caught sight of Adrien. She looked back to Marinette, as if wondering if it would be okay to go over to him. Finally she just shook her head and started walking over to where Adrien was.

"Hey Adrien," She waved at him. Surprisedly Adrien waved back. "What's up? You okay?"

Adrien smiled, but she could immediately tell it was forced and fake. "I'm fine," He lied. He seemed to peek over at Marinette, and it took all of Chloe's strength not to ball her hands into fists.

"You don't look fine," Chloe plastered a worried look on her face. "Listen I know we may not be on good terms now, but if something is really bothering you, you can tell me. I'm just hoping we can start again. I hate the fact that we're not friends anymore."

"Friends," Adrien nodded. "But just friends." Before he started walking away from her. When Chloe turned, she realized he was heading towards Marinette.

"Wait! Adrien!"

Adrien whirled around to face her. "What?" He waited as Chloe got closer to him.

"It's absolutely nice that we made it to the next round, and it's even more amazing that we're friends again. How about we. . . How about we celebrate. . . Just the two of us?"

"Sorry. I don't have time, Chloe."

"Oh okay. So how about at the next party, we could hang out," Chloe shrugged. She could tell Adrien was barely even listening to her.

"He's talking to her!!"

"What?" Chloe frowned.

"She allows him to talk to her, but not me!" Adrien said again. Chloe followed his eyes to where he was looking at, and this time she didn't hide the fact that she was disturbed.

"Adrien, I know the reason why you don't want to hang out with me is because you think I'm trying to do something, but I swear. . . It's just being so long since I've talked to you. I kept hurting myself, knowing that it was my fault our friendship broke in the first place, but. . ."

"You hurt yourself?"

"Don't worry, I'm fine." Chloe smiled again once she saw she had Adrien's attention now. "It was just a bit of. . . Scratching, and hitting, and. . . Well yeah, I'm fine. So about that hang out thing?"

"Sure," Adrien shrugged, and Chloe nodded.

"Thanks. Don't worry, I promise I've changed. I'm not going to be like before," Chloe grinned, before she started heading towards her room.

Once she got there, she closed the door, but was still completely aware of the camera up on her wall. You couldn't even have privacy in your own room. It sucked.

But she didn't care. She pulled out her phone as she sat on her bed, and she tapped on the button 'Stop Recording'. She got into work as she listened to herself talk to Adrien. Then she smiled again once she heard that word, "Sure."

She cut out the other things she had said, but left a few things Adrien had said. Then she started replacing the words she had said by making new ones and recording it.

"It's just that I think Marinette is unto me. She keeps giving me these weird looks as if we're still friends when we aren't. I've been hurting myself thinking I'm the reason why you two broke up. . ."

"You hurt yourself?"

"I'm fine, I promise. So, about that date? Do you wanna go out with me?"

"Sure."

The whole conversation just sounded legit. It was as if it actually happened, when in reality, she had just cropped out the words she had said and replaced them with new ones. Finally she went to her contact list to do her last step.

~~~

Marinette walked closer to the edge of the cliff she was standing at. She peered over it, looking down at the darkness. Anything could be down there, she thought.

Suddenly she felt two pair of hands slam against her back, pushing her off. She screamed as she tried to grab on to anything so she wouldn't fall, but she found herself falling. Then she had looked up, and seen two faces grinning widely at her.

Adrien and Chloe!

"GAHH!!" Marinette bolted from her sleep. She quickly rubbed her eyes and looked around at where she was.

In my room. It's okay, Marinette. It was just a nightmare. It didn't actually happen. You're in your room.

She looked around once again, as if not convinced enough that she was really in her room. There on the table, she noticed a folded paper there.

Actually, that paper had been on the table when she had gotten inside her room. She had decided to check it out after she had a quick nap. Maybe now was the chance.

She got up from her bed and started walking over to it, when her phone dinged, notifying a new message.

Phone first, then paper.

She turned and headed to her phone, then picked it up. Is it a message from Alya possibly? I swear if it's from Adrien. . . I don't know.

She tapped on the message, then released a frown on her face. From Chloe? Chloe texted me? No, she sent me a recording! Gah! She's been giving me glares all day. She probably sent me a recording to tell me to back off, and all that. I'm not even going to bother checking it!

Disappointed, Marinette put her phone down, before heading to the paper on the table.

Time to finally see what this says!

~ Edited ~