Forty - Seven

"Ugh! The stupid box is so hard to open!" Chloe exclaimed as she struggled to open the box given to her by Gabriel, which was supposed to be her gift. "Whatever!" She tossed the box aside with a huff. "I bet it's a stupid gift inside anyway."

Carefully watching the road with one eye, Jean looked at the mirror in front of him, which showed him the reflection of Chloe. "Miss. Bourgeois, don't feel so upset. I'm sure you'll feel better once you get home."

"Argh!" Chloe landed a punch on the box, showing just how mad she was. "Not only does Adrien hate me now, but I also got eliminated from the damn stupid competition. Gabriel made an absolute huge mistake. Oh and to think about what Daddy and Mommy would say to this. I can't!"

The limo then stopped its engine, and Jean opened the door, stepping out. Chloe waited until Jean opened the door for her, before she stepped out as well. She then started stomping her way towards the mansion.

"Oh great! What am I supposed to do?!" Chloe complained again as Jean unlocked the door. "They're going to be so mad, I just know it! I can't- I can't let them know!"

The door opened and Chloe stepped inside before Jean. Her face changed colours when she heard voices coming from the living room, and she quickly knew it was her parents. She took her time to walk towards the living room, making sure to walk as slow as possible. Jean, being the patient butler he was, walked slowly behind her as well, not complaining about how slow they were going.

Finally they reached the living room, and Audrey was the first to look up. "Chloe, what are you doing back home? Aren't you supposed to be at the competition?"

"Yes," Andre added. "Why did you call Jean to come pick you up? Is something going on?"

"Um-" Chloe looked at the floor. She then turned over to Jean, and the look he gave her told her to tell the truth. She then looked hack at her parents with a more confidential look. "Because I missed you two so dearly, I asked Gabriel if I could come visit you and he agreed. So, here I am."

"Oh," The both looked surprised at the answer, and so did Jean when Chloe looked back at him.

"Yeah," Chloe nodded anyway, going along with her lie. There was no way she was turning back now.

Her parents sat her down on the couch, telling her how proud they were that she had made it this far. Chloe just nodded along, not wanting to say anything, risking exposing herself. She was now already prepared for her parents to yell at her when they found out the truth, but she wasn't about to let that happen right away. It really sounded like her parents believed her and asked her questions, in which she lied in all of her answers.

"Who's left in the competition?"

"Oh, it's me, this girl named Nicole, Adrien, Nathaniel, Marc and this other guy named Adam."

"Wait, Marinette is out?"

Chloe didn't know why her parents looked surprised at that, but when Marinette was known as one of the best designers, it was hard to believe she would be out. Still, she answered the way she wanted to. "Yeah, she's out."

"How?"

"One of Gabriel's rule is to not kiss, but she was caught making out with this guy, Louis, therefore the both of them are out."

"Seriously?"

"Yes." Then she added. "I was the one who caught them. They looked so shocked about that and begged me not to tell, but I did, because I'm focused on winning, not on being nice."

"So, why did Gabriel really allow you to come back?"

"Well. . . Right now, it's the four boys competing against each other, so we girls are on a break. I decided to come visit you guys. Nicole is out probably hanging out with her friends as well."

She couldn't handle it anymore, especially with the look Jean was secretly giving her, so she decided to change the subject. "So Mommy, why are you back? I thought you said you were coming back next month."

"I actually came back last week. Your father wouldn't stop talking about the competition you were in, and soon he convinced me to come over." Then Audrey reached for behind the couch and pulled out a gift bag. "Chloe hunny, this is for you. I'm really proud that you made it this far. All winners deserve gifts."

Looking at the gift, Chloe instantly started to feel bad about lying, but she shook it off, refusing that now was a good time to tell the truth. So she accepted the gift with appreciation.

"Oh," Her dad added, "your friend, Sabrina, is coming over. You might want to catch up with her."

"Right," Chloe stood up from the couch and started heading to her room. She remembered calling Sabrina while still in the limo, to come over because she wasn't feeling okay. Sabrina had agreed without hesitation.

When she heard the doorbell ring was when she came out of the shower. She motioned for Jean to go get the door and he was on it right away. Chloe searched through her closet until she found the perfect outfit to wear.

A knock came on her door and after putting on her clothes, she went to open it. "Sabrina hey, come in."

Sabrina nodded and walked inside the room, looking around as if it was the first time. She then turned to Chloe, asking the blonde if she was okay.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"So, why are you really back?" Sabrina sat down on the bed.

"I. . . I got a break and was allowed to come visit you guys. Nothing much," Chloe silently groaned at the question. Sabrina gave her a look and Chloe could tell her best friend didn't believe her. "I've really missed you guys." But still, Sabrina didn't say a word.

Chloe sighed and threw herself on her bed. "I just feel sick. I can't stand Marinette and I got eliminated because Gabriel said my outfit wasn't good enough. Can you believe that?!"

For a while the two girls were in silence, before Sabrina took in a large breath and faced Chloe. "Wanna go shopping. Maybe it'll make you feel better."

Chloe sat up on her bed, then smiled. "Sure. Thanks, Sabrina."

~ Edited ~