13 - best friends

13 - best friends

As I open the door, I see a sad, worn out girl; eyes puffy, forcing a smile.

"Billie?"

"Hey, B," she softly says as she looks at me with sad, ocean eyes.

I lead her in, and we sit on the couch.

"Bil, what are doing here? It's late," I ask her, concern laced in my voice.

She tries to smile, but she couldn't.

She gives a soft sigh, "Q doesn't like me."

I stare at her, my mouth slightly hung open.

"He just thinks of me as a friend," she shrugs as she bitterly laughs. "I mean, he wasn't mad, but he said he needed some space to take everything in."

She pouts, "What if things become awkward between us?"

"I'm sure you'll remain best friends," I tell her.

She scoffs, "I doubt it."

She looks at a far distance, "I fucked up; I shouldn't have confessed to him."

"Hey, you did the right thing," I smile at her, holding her shoulder. "At least he knows how you feel. Don't you feel a huge weight lifted up from your shoulders?"

"Yeah," she agrees. "But, I fucked our friendship up. Everything's gonna be so awkward."

I shake my head at her, "Nah, it's gonna be all good, Bil. And besides, if he turns distant after you've confessed, then fuck him. You did nothing wrong; all you did was love him."

"I guess you got a point," she nods. "Think I should move on?"

"Only you can answer that."

She thinks to herself, whilst looking down.

"Maybe I should," she mumbles to herself.

"What?" I look at her.

She looks at me, "Maybe I should move on from Q."

She purses her lips as she looks down the ground at me, "At least he knows how I'm feeling. He doesn't like me back, so I should do myself a favour, and move on."

"If ever we do go back to normal, then at least we'll be plainly platonic if I move on," she looks at me. "And if we don't, then at least it wouldn't hurt much."