18 - believe

18 - believe

After a long day of Billie and I hanging out, the sun's finally about to set, and Billie says she needs to get going.

"Why?" I sadly ask her.

Billie leaving made my stomach drop — I really wanted her company, especially since my dad...

A day without talking to him feels like a year.

I just wanted someone to distract me — someone to make me feel happy.

"It's getting late, B," Billie softly smiles at me as she heads for the door. "You need rest."

Is it just me, or is Billie Eilish starting to smile more?

She opens the door, and just as she's about to go out of the house, I hold her hand as I pull her arm back in.

"Bil," I say as she turns to look at me.

"Yeah?" she asks me, eyebrows raised.

"Can you..." I struggle to find the right words as I awkwardly smile at her. "Can you stay with me?"

"What you mean?"

"Sleep here, Bil," I tell her as I look down at our hands, swinging then a little.

I slowly look up to her eyes, holding her hand tight, "Please?"

Billie observes me with her shining, blue eyes as she finally gives in, "Okay, B."

She grabs her phone as she holds it up, "I'm just gonna tell my mom I'm gonna spend the night here."

She starts typing in her phone, "Are you sure your mom is okay with me staying here?"

"She wouldn't mind," I softly say.

My mom hasn't left her and my dad's bedroom ever since he's got confined into the hospital.

This made me worry for her — the only times she would go out of the room was when she needed to eat.

I let go of Billie's hand as we enter my bedroom.

"Sorry, my room's a bit messy," I scratch my head as I enter my room, then look at her.

She follows me in, and I sit on the big, white, circular faux fur carpet in my bedroom, which is just in front of my rose-coloured, queen-sized bed.

Billie, on the other hand, enters my room, and observes her surroundings.

My room has a colour scheme of gold, white, and rose.

"You kidding me?" Billie asks me unbelievably as she looks around my room, going to the right side of my bed.

"You even have fairy lights," she touches them, as she looks at me, grinning. "The fuck!"