41 - santa monica [1]

Before we start this chapter, let's do a short recap...

Alice, Bea's mom, finally decided to go out of the house.

They go to the cemetery where Antonio, Bea's dad, rests.

Alice gets all nostalgic, and she tells Bea, Billie, and Maggie (Billie's mom) about how she and Antonio met each other in Santa Monica Pier, which was actually near their neighbourhood.

She tells Bea and Billie about how fun it would be to go there during this season.

So, they decide to go.

Now on to Chapter 41...

41 - santa monica [1]

Santa Monica
• YACHT HARBOR •
SPORT FISHING • BOATING
Cafes

I read the welcoming sign in front of us as we drive through it.

Who are we?

Well, quite a lot actually.

There's my mom and my brother, Josh, of course. Finneas is here too, along with his girlfriend, Claudia. There's Zoe, Maggie...

Oh, and Patrick — Billie's dad.

Billie stayed home, though. She suddenly felt sick.

I'm really bummed about it; we would've had so much fun...

"Where the fuck is my Aquaphor?"

Sike.

Of course, Bil's here.

"Where'd you last put it?" Finneas asks with little interest; most of his attention towards Claudia and a video she's showing him in her phone.

The two become fully immersed in the video, and both their lips form into a grin. They, then, burst out laughing.

"I don't know, that's why I'm asking. If I knew, then I would've seen it by now," Billie wittily responds.

Finneas doesn't seem to hear her.

Zoe quietly snickers as she covers her mouth; her eyes smiling.

Billie opens her mouth a bit as she looks at her; slightly amused, "What?"

The snickering girl gives me a knowing look, and I try to contain my laughter.