37 - livestream

Before we start this chapter, let's do a short recap...

In the last chapter of Smile, Billie, Bea and Billie sees an article saying Bea broke up with Mason because of jealousy over a cancer patient (Kendra).

Mason got interviewed about this and he lies saying he doesn't know why Bea was in the hospital in the first place.

He gains pity from the interviewer (and watchers of the interview) since he's told them that Kendra didn't have much time left.

Tf I'm so bad at summarising .. and my grammar?? tf lmfaoo 😂 BUT ANYWAY !

Now on to Chapter 37...

37 - livestream

"Wow, what the fuck is Bella, or Beatrice's, problem?" Billie reads a comment out loud.

Right now, we're still at Billie's room, and I'm sitting on her bed while she's walking around in front of me while reading more comments from her phone.

"I can't believe Mason lied to the media saying he didn't know why I was so mad," I say in disbelief as I look at her.

She looks down at me, "He's making you look so fucking bad."

"I know! And him not going to the show? That's not even the point. My point was him literally lying to me, telling me he doesn't talk to Kendra anymore. The point was him using me for clout," I exasperatingly explain.

Billie stops as she faces me in realisation.

"Then tell them that," she says.

"To who?" I ask. "The media who won't believe a word I say?"

"Who says they won't believe you?"

I purse my lips, "Okay sure, but how will I tell people my side of the story?"

The door creaks open, and Billie and I turn our heads to see Finneas peaking through the door.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything," he says, hesitating to go in.

I look at him amusedly as Billie snorts.

He eyes the two of us for a moment, then takes a breath of relief as he grins.

"Good," he says as he walks to us.

Billie just looks at him amusedly as she tries to hold in her laughter.

"Now you know how I feel whenever you and Claudia are together in your room," she gives a dimpled grin.

Finneas snorts as he playfully rolls his eyes at Billie, "Shut up."