24 - collab

Before we start this chapter, let's do a short recap...

In the last chapter of Smile, Billie, the Kendall (Bella's) family were having a conversation about Mason at the dining area.

Bella's dad, Antonio, who had just woken up from his five-day-coma, made it clear that he did not like Mason.

He had also said that Billie was taking Mason's place, and that if he hadn't known them, he'd think they're together.

Alice, Bea's mom, tells him not to put any malice onto Bea and Billie's innocent friendship.

Someone then knocks on the door, and Bea opens it, only to see Billie Eilish smiling right in front of her.

This caused butterflies to erupt on Bea's stomach.

This confused her, so she had decided to ignore the feeling.

Billie came over to check on Bea's dad, and Alice (Bea's mom) insists her to join in the conversation.

Antonio asks Billie what she thinks of Mason, resulting to her telling him that he's a good guy to Bea. 

Bea's dad couldn't hold in his hatred for Mason, so he tells Billie that he had never liked the guy, which resulted to Alice scolding Antonio, and asking Bea and Billie to leave the room.

The two friends enter Bea's bedroom, and Billie prepares herself to tell Bea something...

Now on to Chapter 24...

24 - collab

We enter my room, and we sit at my bed.

Still not letting go of my hand, she squeezes it, then looks at me excitedly.

She smirks, "B..."

I look at her with curiosity, tilting my head to the side, "What?"

"B," Billie, now looking serious, says again, looking directly into my eyes.

My face darkens, and my mouth gapes. I begin to think of every wrong thing I've done to her.

Did I do something wrong? Did I do something wrong? Did I do something wrong?

I furrow my eyebrows as I look at her, "Bil, what?"

Her face lights up, and her lips form into a cheeky smile, "Nothing."

"No, really," I look at her. "What?"

She laughs, "Nothing! I'm just playing you."