30 - broken trust

Before we start this chapter, let's do a short recap...

In the last chapter of Smile, Billie, Bea's dad (Antonio) was brought to the hospital because of the sudden heart attack he had while Billie and Bea were performing for the show. Now, Antonio's heart beats irregularly, and he falls asleep. 

Billie asks Bea if she wants some fresh air, and she agrees, so the two of them go out the room.

As they walk towards the exit of the hospital, the two pass by the cancer section, and they see Mason (Bea's boyfriend) pushing a now balding Kendra (her ex-best friend aka the girl Mason cheated her on with) on a wheelchair.

Bea feels devastated because first, Mason lied to her, since he told her he doesn't talk to Kendra anymore. Second, he didn't go to her very first concert, and he lied about the reason being family issues. And third, Bea's dad is in a very crucial state, and just when she needed Mason the most, he didn't bother to visit.

But despite all that, she feels pity for Kendra who now has cancer. She's realised that Mason and her had one thing in common: both of the people they love have their lives at risk.

Bea runs towards the exit of the hospital crying as Billie follows her worriedly.

Billie leads them inside the limo where stars shine above them. Bea tells her life is unfair, and Billie tells her life is unfair to everyone; even to her. She tells her none of the people she likes like her back. Bea thought this was Q, but it wasn't, since Billie likes a girl.

This replaces her sadness with curiosity.

« "Because she's straight and she deserves someone better than her ex," she finally tells me; looking straight into my eyes.

I snort lightly as I roll my eyes; wittily asking, "So, who? Me?"

"What if it is you?" Billie blurts out; looking at me uneasily.

Billie's eyes soften at me as the sun fully sets; darkness filling our vision. The cool, night breeze seeps through; blowing Billie's loose strands of hair.

She frowns at me as she continues to gaze at me with such longing.

Her crystal blue eyes shine beneath the moonlight with a great intensity of emotions surging through.

"B," she softly tells me; her voice barely above a whisper. "I think I'm falling for you." »

Bea then realises that her feelings for Billie never did fade away, and she had just dated Mason again to get over her.

Billie tells her not to say anything, since she knows she doesn't return the feelings. As she blabbers, Bea just shakes her head as she laughs, telling her to "shut up."

The two stay silent as they slowly gaze into each other's eyes. And soon enough, Billie Eilish and Bella Butera lock lips with each other.

And this is a really long ass recap that could pass as one chapter lmao so I'm just gonna shut up and start writing the next chapter 😂

Now on to Chapter 30...