31 - too intoxicated

Before we start this chapter, let's do a short recap...

In the last chapter of Smile, Billie, Mason called Bea, and told her the real reason he wasn't always there for her — he had to take care of Kendra; Bea's ex-best friend who has cancer. He admits to using Bea for the money that comes with clout. He needed it to pay for Kendra's medications.

Bea feels angry for him using her, but at the same time she feels pity for Kendra, even though she's cheated with her boyfriend.

But despite feeling pity, she figures that what he's done was very disrespectful to her.

And with that, she blocks Mason's number.

~DulcetDaydream presents...
. . . Chapter 31 . . .

31 - too intoxicated

I take a deep breath as I calm myself down.

I wipe the tears out of my eyes, and keep my phone in my pocket.

I turn to my left, and see Billie looking at me with fury in her eyes as she shakes her head.

"That asshole," she spits out.

I purse my lips, and look down at the ground, "I can't believe it. I don't even know what to feel. I feel so betrayed, yet Kendra..."

"Kendra's sick. I get it. But, for her to get well he literally used you for the money. Kendra's not the only one who needs help here; your dad needs it, too. I don't feel sorry at all," Billie sharply says.

I sigh deeply as I turn to meet her raging, crystal-blue eyes, "Billie, I'm sorry."

Her eyes slowly soften as she hears those words from me.

"... Sorry?" she asks confusedly. "Why?"

"I just... I don't know. Now that I think of it, everything was going so well until I gave Mason a second chance," I explain with a frown. "I shouldn't have talked to him anymore. I should've blocked him since the day I found out he was cheating on me with Kendra."

Billie slightly opens her mouth as she looks at the ground; speechless for a while.

"I remember you once told me never to give him a chance anymore..." I bitterly chuckle. "I didn't listen to you."

She softly bites her lip, then her gaze lifts back to me.

"B... don't beat yourself up for it," she softly tells me. "You still had feelings for him, and you can't possibly stop them. No one can."

I give her a sad smile as I take a deep breath; preparing to tell her the truth.

"Well, actually... after the incident, I never wanted to get back with him," I start to say as I look directly at her eyes. "I... never had feelings for him again."