36 - the article

Before we start this chapter, let's do a short recap...

In the last chapter of Smile, Billie, Bea apologises to Billie at her porch, and she understands and forgives her.

Now on to Chapter 36...

36 - the article

BILLIE EILISH UNFOLLOWS BELLA BUTERA, THEN REFOLLOWS HER!

I squint my eyes as I read the headline of the article in my phone with an amused look on my face.

How do people even have time to notice Billie's following list?

Right now, I'm in Billie's room; sitting on her bed.

It's currently 11 a.m., and Billie's talking to Finneas in the other room.

I continue reading the article.

Last night, Billie Eilish had posted a black screen on her Instagram stories saying "don't care for anyone that shit's just mean." She had also unfollowed close friend: Bella Butera.

What could've been the reason for this? WE DON'T KNOW!

But despite that, Bad Guy singer has REFOLLOWED Bella Butera just this morning around 7 am. 

We ALL want to know the tea between the two, but it looks like it'll remain a mystery!

Nevertheless, the two, now, seem to be in good terms.

What do YOU think is the reason behind Billie unfollowing Bella? Do you think it was an accident, or did something happen between the two of them?

I hear the sound of footsteps approaching me.

"Have you read this?" Billie asks as she sits beside me while scrolling through her phone.

"Yeah, the article about you unfollo–"

"Not that one," she shakes her head. "This one."

She shows me an article on her phone.

BELLA BUTERA BREAKS UP WITH BOYFRIEND, MASON CASSIDY, BECAUSE OF JEALOUSY OVER A CANCER PATIENT?!

My mouth hangs open as I furrow my eyebrows.

I take the phone from her and start worriedly scrolling down to read more.

For unknown reasons, Bella Butera was in a hospital at Los Angeles a few days ago.

My eyes lower down the screen, only to see a video of me shouting at Mason with Kendra on a wheelchair at the hospital.

Shakily, I tap to play the video.

I see myself looking at Mason with disappointment.

"Bea, let me–"