38 - liar

Before we start this chapter, let's do a short recap...

In the last chapter of Smile, Billie, Bea does a livestream with Billie to tell people her side of the story.

Until...

Mason comes in the scene.

Now on to Chapter 38...

38 - liar

"And the fact that he wasn't even sorry about it..." I say in fiery. "He didn't even bother to say a single "condolence" for my dad who didn't make it."

The comments then flood with people being shocked at the announcement that my dad has passed away.

"I'm sorry... but how could he even lie to the media?" I desperately ask as my voice cracks.

I look down at the comment section, and see the most unexpected person...

@masoncassidyyy: she's lying, don't believe anything she's saying

My eyes widen at what he had just said, and rage fills my body.

Don't believe anything I'm saying?!

Confused and surprised comments fill the screen.

I laugh sarcastically as I look at Billie in disbelief, "Did he just–?!"

I look back at the screen as I exclaim, "I'm not fucking lying!"

@masoncassidyyy: if y'all tough n saying the truth, add me to the live

Billie's crystal eyes darken as she glares at the screen, then adds Mason to the live.

His screen lags, but after a while, the screen shows Mason looking at us without any emotion evident on his face.

But, he's up to something...

I could feel it.

"I didn't cheat on you, Bea," he calmly says. "I don't know what you're trying to prove, but Kendra's nothing more than a friend to me. She needed someone to take care of her, and I was the only one available that week."

"Then why didn't you tell me?" I raise an eyebrow. "And where the hell are the other people looking after her?"

"My phone couldn't let me send messages," he tried to explain. "I wanted to tell you–"