The Blind Banker: Chapter 2

You and Sherlock were still excitedly whispering about the case when you heard the door downstairs slam open. You heard the rustling of paper bags and John stumbling up the stairs, curse words quietly leaving his mouth. You glanced at Sherlock before you continued whispering to each other, you still hadn't gotten all the case details! You'd have to hurry before John came up. You had approximately 20 seconds before he got all the way up the stairs with his armful of groceries.

Sherlock began speaking at a rapid pace, trying to give you as much information as possible before John made it into the flat. You processed Sherlock's every word, your mind comprehending it all. You wished more than anything you could've worked the case. It was a challenge your brain could've easily unraveled... plus you knew how to put up a fight. You and Sherlock combined would've been no match to one man.

John emerged loudly through the door with his arms full of groceries and Sherlock immediately shot out of his chair, sitting at his desk, looking busy by opening John's computer. When he abruptly got up, you fell diagonally into Sherlock's chair, your head resting on one of the arms, while your feet dangled off the other side. You leaned over and picked up a book from the floor pretending to be reading it in your awkward position.

"Don't worry about me. I can manage." John groaned as he plopped the groceries onto the table with a loud bang. He looked at you a moment. You looked like you were in a rather uncomfortable position... in Sherlock's chair? That was odd... Sherlock was very over protective of his chair. Then he noticed you were reading a book. Upside down.

"Y/N, are you reading that book upside down?" John asked. You, who was paying no attention, looked at the book. You were indeed holding it upside down. You easily came up with a valid excuse.

"It's an experiment. I'm calculating how long it will take my brain to efficiently read upside down." You told him seriously, shoving your nose back into the book.

"Why am I not surprised." John muttered before turning back to the groceries. You glanced over at Sherlock and he mouthed, 'Good save.' You winked at him then turned back to the book. You felt as if maybe that is what a normal person would do... maybe? John turned back around to look at Sherlock and did a double take when he realised Sherlock was on his computer.

"Is that my computer?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows at Sherlock.

"Of course." Sherlock stated simply, reading something on John's computer. He wasn't paying much attention to what John was saying to him, because he didn't care. Plus, he looked like he was doing something important on the computer. You glanced over at the screen, seeing Sherlock's email account pulled up.

John looked taken aback by Sherlock's statement, and stared at him awhile, then glanced at you. His brain was clearly calculating why he'd ever agreed to move into this flat with Sherlock Holmes. You shrugged, telling him it wasn't a big deal before looking back to your book, still pretending to read upside down.

"What?!" John finally asked in shock as he looked at Sherlock on his computer. You absently scanned the book's pages, listening to John's reaction. You noted not to use his stuff unless you wanted him to make a big deal out of it. That wasn't something you necessarily wanted to deal with. It took too much time to get him calmed down.

"Mine was in the bedroom." Sherlock shrugged, still typing away on the computer. You glanced over the top of your book, attempting to get a better look at what Sherlock was reading on John's computer. You couldn't see it from where you sat, as Sherlock's frame was covering most of the screen.

"What, and you couldn't be bothered to get up?" John asked, looking angrily at Sherlock as he pulled off his coat. Sherlock was lazy sometimes, but then again so were you. What John didn't know was that Sherlock had just gotten on his computer to look distracted and not like the two of you were up to something he didn't know. But now that you thought of it, Sherlock still wouldn't have gone all the way to his bedroom to get his own computer.