A Scandal in Belgravia: The End

Mycroft had brought all of you back into an office and you sat in a chair across from Sherlock, avoiding his gaze. You stared into the fireplace, your mind running. All you could think about was how dumb you'd been. Letting Irene fool you over and over again even when it hadn't felt right. Letting Sherlock make you feel special and loved... when he'd truly felt something for Irene this entire time. You were a complete and utter idiot. You sighed, forcing your mind to stay sharp and strong, trying not to let the emotions flood over you.

You could hear Irene and Mycroft chatting at a table behind you, but you wanted nothing to do with it or her anymore.

"You're mad." Sherlock whispered, not moving from his seat. You leaned further back into the chair, breaking your gaze with the fire to see him looking over at you. You shook your head at him, your focus on holding back on your emotions loosening.

"I'm feeling a lot of different things right now, Sherlock." You told him harshly. You crossed your arms at him, your eyes quickly returning to the fire. You felt him looking at you for a long time before he spoke again.

"I didn't know." He told you softly. You looked up at him, rolling your eyes as you turned your chair further away from him a crabby look plastered across your face. He was so oblivious to the real problem sometimes.

"You didn't know that you had feelings for Irene? That you still did this to me after I asked you multiple times if you did." You snapped, quickly turning away to avoid him from seeing the tear that was about to slip down your cheek. You dabbed at your eyes, taking a deep breath and shoving your emotions deep down. "I'm not discussing it with you right now." You told him, your voice shaking. You turned back to look into the fire. You closed your eyes, letting the warmth of it sink through you. You disappeared inside your head, blocking out everything that was weighing on your mind. Too many things had gone wrong, now you had to piece yourself back together. You hadn't had to do that before... this would be a journey. You continued your one way conversation in your mind until a name pulled you from your deep thoughts.

"Jim Moriarty sends his love." Your eyes shot to Irene and her lips curved into a smirk as she saw your expression. He was the last person you wanted to think about. You didn't notice it, but your hands clenched tightly to the arms of the chair, your knuckles turning a shade of white.

"Yes, he's been in touch. He seems desperate for my attention, which I'm sure can be arranged." Mycroft said calmly from his seat at the table. You could tell he was keeping his cool, but deep in his eyes you saw panic? Fear? Mycroft was human too. It reassured you to know that. You saw Sherlock had perked up as well, his eyes calculating Irene as she swayed towards Mycroft. She casually leaned on the side of the table he was sitting at, her hands on either side of her, her eyes panned over everyone in the room.

"I had all this stuff, never knew what to do with it. Thank God for the consultant criminal. Gave me a lot of advice about how to play the Holmes boys and their little sidekick. D'you know what he calls you?" Irene asked as she held her phone tightly in her grip. "The Ice-Man." She looked towards Mycroft. "The Virgin." Her gaze towards Sherlock. You almost choked at what Moriarty called Sherlock, your face getting hot. You weren't going to elaborate on that one. "And Queen..." Her eyes brightened with knowing looks as she looked at your fingernails digging into the chair. Goosebumps covered your body as she told you what Moriarty called you. You despised it. "Didn't even ask for anything. I think he just likes to cause trouble. Now that's my kind of man." She closed her eyes for a brief moment, no doubt fantasizing Moriarty in her mind.

"And here you are, the dominatrix who brought a nation to its knees." Mycroft looked at her with his sarcastic smile, a look of defeat hidden in it. You looked at Sherlock and saw his eyes closed, a concentrated look on his face. He'd seen something, something important. That gave you hope. His eyes quickly opened, looking at Irene. He gave you a quick glance, letting you know not to show anything. "Well played." Mycroft finished, looking smaller in his seat. Irene smiled, standing with a look that said she'd won.