The Last Case: Part 1

(Hey, guys!!! I'm so excited to finally give you the case that wasn't finished in the epilogue! Yes, it's my own case from my own brain, lol. It was so fun to write my own case! Let's just say these chapters are a Christmas present from me to you! This was so long I had to split it into two parts!!! I hope you all enjoy, and pretty please tell me if you want to see more in this case, I would absolutely love to add anything you want to see that I didn't include!!! Message me any ideas you want!!!!!! Any moments with Sherlock or the fam, anything!!! I love ya guys, and YES The Abominable Bride is coming! Slowly, but surely!!!)

***

"Oh my god! Molly, this is brilliant!" You grinned from ear to ear as you looked wide eyed at the computer screen, showing that the fingerprints were in fact, the same. You couldn't believe your luck! This was one of the strangest cases you'd been on in such a long time! You couldn't wait to learn more.

"I, I don't understand it! He was dead, I-I was going to perform the autopsy today!" Molly shook her head at the screen, looking flustered. Her cheeks were a bright shade of red, an unbelieving look on her face. She looked pretty shook up. You weren't surprised, a dead body had gone missing... and their fingerprints were on the door leading out of the hospital.

Sherlock's face brightened at that, his eyes sparkling with joy. "That's what makes it so much better, is it my birthday?" Sherlock turned to you, his eyebrows furrowed.

"No, it's our anniversary!" You clapped, beginning your study of the lab. "Molly, remind me to talk to you when we're done here." You gave her a small smile as you went back to focus on the chamber where the body was being kept. Molly nodded, leaving you, John, and Sherlock in the morgue to gather more information.

John coughed, watching you and Sherlock excitedly examining the lab. "So, Shawn Sullivan gets killed, is shipped to this morgue, and not even after a day of him being here, his body disappears, with his hand prints on the door? How does that happen?" John looked up at the two of you from the lab files, his face showing clear confusion.

You looked up from the morgue door to look up at John. "Well, the tapes were tampered with so we don't have anything to go off of other than what we find here. That means there's about an infinite amount of possibilities to which this could've occurred! Of course, it's not paranormal like some would assume. Although, that would be interesting to say the least." You pondered that possibility, your eyes clouding in thought.

"If it were possible, which it's not." Sherlock added from where he was bent down, studying the floor in front of where Sullivan's body was being kept.

"Why not? People have believed in ghosts for centuries. Many religions consider the possibility of them- most believing they're malevolent spirits cast from heaven or demons, perhaps even Devil spawns. In fact, roughly 43% percent of the world's population believe in them. They are the world's largest believed paranormal phenomenon. They're even different types such as: poltergeists, residual hauntings, intelligent spirits and shadow people. So, I don't see why someone wouldn't consider it." You shrugged in thought, searching the floor for any evidence of what may have happened here. You felt both Sherlock and John's eyes on your back and you turned to look at them, your brows furrowing. "What?"

"You believe in ghosts?!" John looked at you in shock. Even Sherlock was studying you with a curious face.

"What? No. I was just saying what other people believe. When it comes to scientific evidence there's nothing to find. Most people that say they've had a ghostly experience, haven't actually seen a 'ghostly form' that the media makes ghosts out to be. People blame gusts of air and missing keys on ghosts... really anything. Most of the things they think are ghosts are just unexplained experiences because people aren't rational, nor do they investigate what happened." You told John simply.