The Hounds of Baskerville: Chapter 6

You, John, and Sherlock were approaching the building as a young corporal hurried towards the three of you after quickly jumping out of his vehicle he'd parked next to your rented jeep. He looked worried about the three of yours presence here at Baskerville.

"What is it? Are we in trouble?" He asked, pacing with the three of you as you neared the building surrounded with armed guards and scientists walking about.

"'Are we in trouble, sir'" Sherlock spoke sternly as he stopped to turn to the man, a serious look held on his face. You played along with his role, holding yourself higher to look more important.

"Yes, sir, sorry, sir." The man stumbled over his words as he apologized to Sherlock, knowing his mistake. Still, he blocked the three of yours way into the building, wanting answers.

"You were expecting us?" Sherlock asked, studying the man. You crossed your arms, looking him over, thinking of a title to give the man if he asked who you were. Better to tell the truth than lie, if needed. You were a very well known doctor.

"Your ID showed up straight away, Mr Holmes. Corporal Lyons, security. Is there something wrong, sir?" He studied the three of you, his worried looks not falling. He just wanted answers.

"Well, I hope not, Corporal, I hope not." Sherlock blankly said as he looked off into the distance at the people bustling about the place. It was a rather active military base than what you had originally thought it was going to be, of course you didn't really know all that much about Baskerville, surprisingly.

"It's just we don't get inspected here, you see, sir. It just doesn't happen."

"Ever heard of a spot check?" John spoke up, pulling his wallet from his pocket and flashing his ID. "Captain John Watson, Fifth Northumberland Fusiliers." Corporal Lyons instantly saluted John, to which John returned the favor.

Lyons then looked at you. "Of course, and I'm Dr. Y/l/n." You shook Lyons outstretched hand, giving him a professional look.

"Yes, I've heard about your work in many countries. I didn't realize you'd been working with the government." You nodded, not going further into it. Pleased he had heard of you, nonetheless. He turned back to John, his serious look returning. "Sir. Major Barrymore won't be pleased, sir. He'll want to see you three."

"I'm afraid we won't have time for that. We'll need the full tour right away. Carry on." Sherlock spoke. Lyons hesitated, eying the three of you. Luckily, John caught this.

"That's an order, Corporal."

"Yes, sir." Lyons quickly turned to lead you into the building. As you walked Sherlock gave you and John a small smile. You could tell it was mostly for John, however, it was smart of him to mention his military background. The corporal swiped his pass on a security door, glancing at Sherlock as he did the same. The three of you stepped in and you watched as Sherlock glanced down at his watch, noting the time. Lyons led you towards yet another security door and Sherlock leaned to whisper to John.

"Nice touch. You too, Y/n. Who knew he paid attention to your work."

"Haven't pulled rank in ages." John grinned. He was clearly very pleased to have told the corporal his rank, he missed the war. It was why he always stuck with you and Sherlock.

"Enjoy it?" You asked, giving him a small grin.

"Oh yeah." He nodded, looking giddy.

You all reached another door where the corporal swiped his pass and Sherlock followed suit. The door slid open to an elevator and all of you stepped in. Corporal Lyons pushed a button, crossing his hands over one another as the elevator began to descend rather quickly. As soon as it started it quickly stopped and the doors slid open.