Thanksgiving Break

Author Note: I am beyond sorry for taking forever to write this! I hope y'all enjoy this one.

General POV: So since Tobin and Christen were gonna spend Christmas with each other they decided to do Thanksgiving with their own families. Tobin is gonna tell her family about Christen... This will be interesting.

Tobin POV: I'm driving home to spend time with my family and I think I am ready to tell them about my wonderful girlfriend that I have now. The reason I haven't told me is because I didn't want to be questioned "Oh honey are you sure you're ready for another relationship?" Blah blah blah, and as a matter of fact I am. I think Christen has helped me with my coping, she's a huge part of my life and she knows that as well as her family. She is honestly incredible and no I am saying she'll take Haley's spot in my heart, but I can't stay living in the past and saying I'll never get over this. I'll still get sad every now and then but right now my full attention and focus is on Christen at this point. As I am in the car, my phone rings and I looked at my radio's screen and speaking of the devil, it's Christen. "Hey babe" I say...

Christen POV: "Hey babe" I hear my sweetheart say. Hey how far are you from home? I say. About thirty minutes, why? she says. I was just wondering, are you nervous about telling your family about us? I say kinda down cause I don't know what will happen. Chris, no I am not nervous. I know who I want to be with, and if they don't like that thought of me being with someone else, I will walk out and get a hotel in the same city, and try again the next day. I just know they really liked Haley. Don't start overthinking about this please, I'll call you after I tell them, if you want me too, she says. Yes, please do. If I need to fly out there, let me know, I say. No, you're gonna stay there with your family, tell your dad I said hello and that I miss him and can't wait to see him for Christmas she says. I will, I'll talk to you later, yeah? I say hoping that she'll text me. Yes, I'll text you as soon as I get home, wish me luck babe! she says. Okay!! I say with a little giggle. Gosh, I miss you so much!!, I hear her say and we both say bye and hang up. I miss her so much if I'm being honest. I'm already home, I flew in yesterday morning.
Tobin POV: I pull into the drive way and see everyone is already here so I guess I'll just go ahead and tell them today. I pulled out my phone before I got out and texted Chris, I'm here babe. About to go in. Everyone is already here so I'm telling them today... I put my phone away and get out and grab my stuff and head to the front door. I slowly open it and my mom sees me and says oh Tobin I'm so glad you're home. We've missed you so much. Hey mom, I missed you too, I say quietly. I then hug my dad and just go down the line of people waiting to hug me. While I was hugging everyone I thought to myself I should tell my mom and dad first separate and see what they think and what happens. Hey mom and dad? Can I talk to y'all outside? We all walk out to the back porch and sit down and begin to talk. Well I don't know how you guys will take this, but I hope you still see me as the same person I was. They're eyes completely widen and lean in and grabbed my hands. Mom, dad, I found someone who has completely taken over my heart. I pause and wait for their response. Tobin, we're happy for you. We want you to be happy, I know we still miss Haley, but you have a life now that you have to live. She's always watching over you, I hear them say and I begin to tear up. I love you guys, I say. Well where's a picture I wanna see what she looks like, dad says and I just laugh because that's just who he is. I pull out my phone and pulled a picture up of us and we talked all night about her and told the rest of my family and everyone couldn't wait to meet her... I texted her and said you're family now. I really do think I love her....