Chapter three: Liar

Chapter three: Liar (Faith's POV)

"Go, Alex!" I screamed. I mean, if I said I'll cheer I might as well, even though I really didn't say I'd cheer. 

"Alex!" This girl beside me has been trying to cheer for him a lot louder than me and that is not what is bothering me. What's bothering me, is that she's trying to take the sign. 

"Okay listen here, you wanna cheer for him? That's fine. But the sign's mine, okay?" I said to her, snatching the sign back. 

"You're not his so why is the sign yours?" she asked me accusingly. "Unless you're cheating on-" 

I didn't get a chance to respond when Hayley snatched our sign back before the football actually just flew and hit the girl in the head. I stood there, my jaw hitting the ground. 

"Oh, my gosh! Are you alright?" I bent down and helped the girl up while Alex jogged up to us. 

"Sorry about the ball!" he screamed, quickly taking the ball back and jogging back before shooting me a smirk. He definitely did that on purpose. 

The nurse came and took the girl and we got back to cheering as nothing happened. The game came to an end and we won, of course with nine to three. 

"Do you think that girl is okay?" I asked Hayley. 

"Who cares?! She was being a bitch," Hayley shrugged. 

"Okay," I mumbled. 

"Do you want to hang out tomorrow?" Hayley asked. 

"Sure, what time?" I asked as we walked down the bleachers. 

"Noon at yours?" she asked and I agreed. "Are you staying back to clean up a little bit?" she asked. 

"Yup, so I'll see you tomorrow?" 

She nodded. 

"Alright, bye!" I hugged her bye before she walked to her car and I stayed out to help start cleaning up. I helped some people clear up. "Bye guys!" I waved them bye once we had cleaned up the majority of the stuff and I was about to leave but then I realized I should probably give Alex his sign back. So with that thought, I grabbed the sign and headed to the locker room, not going inside this time, of course. 

I was about to enter the building when I saw a silhouette of a car. I tried to look harder and saw that the car was Cody's. "What?" I whispered to myself while taking steps closer to it. I looked harder and jumped back when the light inside the car turned on. "What a fucking liar," I scoffed while shaking my head when I saw him in the car making out with someone. 

With Amber. 

I turned away before either one saw me and began walking into the building. 

"I am calm, I am calm, I am calm. It's no big deal, he wasn't worth it anyway, fucking asshole." I mumbled to myself while entering the building. I kept walking and just as I was about to turn the corner to the boys' locker room, I broke down. 

I fell against the lockers to the ground while tears ran down my face. I put my hand over my mouth to block out the sob that was trying to break through and placed the sign on the ground beside me. I leaned the back of my head against the locker and let out a cry. 

x-X-x 

I don't know how long I was there for but I had cried everything out in the dark hallway. I heard faint footsteps but I wasn't able to act quick enough to stand up and look normal. 

"I thought you ran away with my sign," Alex chuckled. 

"Nope, still here," my voice cracked. 

Fuck.