Chapter nine: I had fun

Chapter nine: I had fun (Faith's POV)

"My mom is going to kill me," I groaned as he pulled up in front of my house. 

"Relax, I made sure to leave her a note. I said you felt sick so I left with you," he shrugged. 

"You left her a note?" I asked, slightly surprised that he would do that because if my mom did get mad at me, that's not really his problem. 

"Yeah, why? Is that bad?" he questioned. 

"No, it's not bad I just didn't think you'd do something like that," I replied truthfully. 

"Something like what?" he asked in confusion. 

"You know what? Just- nevermind." I waved my hand dismissively. 

"Okay," he chuckled. 

"So um- I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked while grabbing my stuff. 

"Yeah, I'll pick you up for school," he nodded. 

"Alright, bye." I smiled. 

"Bye," he said as I stepped out of his car. I was walking to my porch but I turned back around and walked to the driver's side. He rolled down his window and raised his eyebrows at me. "I had fun today, maybe hanging out with you isn't going to be as bad as I thought," I bit back a smile. 

"Maybe not," he smiled. 

"Night," I said. 

"Night," he replied. 

"Okay then, bye." Before I could walk away, he kissed my cheek. 

"Bye," he smiled teasingly. I rolled my eyes and shook my head to myself while walking to my door. I turned and waved at him one last time before cranking my door open and stepping in. 

"Hi hun!" my mom cheered. "Where were you?" she asked while putting the dishes away. 

"Um- I was at Dearborn Park," I answered. "And then I went for dinner," I added. 

"With Alex?" she questioned. 

"Mm-hmm." I nodded. 

"I thought you were feeling sick?" she pressed. 

"Well um- I ran into Cody yesterday and then I ran into Amber today. She's the one who..." I trailed off. 

"Honey look," she sighed, "I understand that you're going through some tough things, but you can't skip school because you had a confrontation with somebody, that's not how things work and I know you know that. Just watch what you do next time, okay?" she walked over to me. 

"Okay," I nodded. 

"Now tell me, how was the dinner?" 

And she's back. 

"Dinner was fine mom," I chuckled, "We're just friends," I said honestly. 

"He's a good kid," she smiled. 

"Well, dad doesn't like him," I pointed out. 

"Oh, what does your dad know? I see the kid every day and I am telling you, he is great for you." 

Here we go. 

"Mom!" I whined. 

"Just let me say it once and I won't say it again." 

And I did. 

"He's a keeper, okay? I think you two could hit it off, just give him a chance!" she pushed.