Chapter thirty-six: Ignorance is bliss

Chapter thirty-six: Ignorance is bliss (Alex's POV)

I woke up the next morning to Faith still asleep beside me. 

She's very upset with me. She's not even showing half of it. 

I fucked up bad even though I intended to help her. She's not wrong, I should have had more control over my anger and I regret Faith seeing it but I don't regret beating the fuck out of Cody. I wanted to go back to sleep but I didn't. I just went downstairs and made myself a coffee. I sipped it and immediately threw the rest down the drain. 

It tasted nothing like Faith's. I'd been having her coffee since she offered to make it and now no other coffee tasted as good. No one else was up. I sat at the counter, staring out the window until I heard faint footsteps. 

I looked up and saw Faith walking down. 

She got to the kitchen while she was tying her hair up in a bun. She grabbed herself a glass with some water before grabbing a mug and turning the kettle on. She opened the cabinets until she found the coffee. She sipped on her water while not even glancing at me. 

Once the water was done, she added the coffee, added the slight amount of sugar she does, just a tad bit milk, little to none before leaving the mug in front of me, and going and taking a seat on the couch. She scrolled through her phone, completely ignoring my existence. 

Hayley came down here and made herself a cup of coffee. She looked between us before patting my shoulder. "Logic: Ignorance is bliss," before heading back upstairs. 

Is that so? 

I sipped on my coffee before going and sitting next to Faith. She finished her water and stood up. She went into the kitchen and washed the glass before opening the fridge. She grabbed herself some grapes, washed them, and took them up to the room. 

"Fucking hell," I sighed while leaning my head back. 

Daniel came downstairs and then sat beside me. "Dude," he laughed. "Ignorance is bliss," he patted my shoulder. 

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" I huffed. I finished my coffee while talking to Daniel before the girls came downstairs. 

"Do you guys wanna go to the lake? We can go swimming or just lounge around?" Daniel suggested. 

"Sure," they replied in sync. So she's talking to everyone but me? "We'll go change, you guys make some snacks till then," Hayley said before they went back upstairs. 

When they came downstairs to take over, we went to change. After coming back downstairs with towels for all of us, we headed to the lake with all of us holding some of the food. "Your towel," I handed it to Faith. 

She ignored me. She didn't even take it. 

"You could just take it." Still didn't. 

I tucked the towel into the waistband of her shorts before setting my stuff down on one side and going into the lake. 

Daniel went in with me while the girls set out the mat and took out some drinks. Faith handed the drinks to Hayley who passed them on to us. Once we were all set, we all got to talking. And by that I mean Faith and I just talked to Daniel and Hayley. 

She caught my eye when she took off her shorts and tank top and sat on the edge, dipping her feet in. 

"Bro," I groaned while turning my back to her and facing Daniel. 

"You made her upset. Now you suffer," he shrugged before falling still and I figured he was looking at Hayley. 

I turned back around when I heard her laugh. I hadn't heard her laugh like that after yesterday's incident. I missed it. I swam over there and propped myself up beside Faith. "Can I steal her for a moment?" I asked Hayley.