Chapter twenty-two: New audience

Chapter twenty-two: New audience (Faith's POV)

Hayley and I jumped while screaming and laughing while it was announced that we won. "Oh, my god!" I screamed. 

"Go!" Hayley nudged me. I looked at the field to see Alex running this way and I ran down straight to him. 

When I reached him before I could say one word he picked me up and twirled me around. "Whoa!" My head spun as he set me down on the bleachers. 

"We won, Faith! My dad was finally here to watch and I won!" he exclaimed while he held my waist. 

"Yes, you did!" I screamed while brushing his hair out of his face. 

"Oh, my god," he laughed before pulling my lips down to his. He pulled away quickly and apologized, "I'm sorry!" His eyes widened. I chuckled before leaning down and kissing him softly. 

"No problem," I pulled away with a smile. 

"There's a crowd, right?" he smirked at me. 

"Sure there is." There really is. He used that as an excuse and kissed me again. 

"We have a new audience this time," I mumbled before pulling away and stepping down as both our families approached us. I stood beside him while running my palms against my thighs as my mom came and pulled me aside. 

"Still complicated?" she arched an eyebrow at me while I looked at Mr. Ryder congratulating Alex with pride painted across his face. 

"Yes, mom," I sighed, "Still complicated," I nodded. We walked back to them where Mrs. Ryder was hugging Alex and my dad was talking to Mr. Ryder. I stood with my mom until Alex excused himself from his mom and pulled me aside. 

"I just got interrogated while being hugged for like ten seconds," he mumbled. 

"What'd she ask?" I laughed. 

"Sweetheart, what was that? Is something going on that I should know about? Oh, she's a lovely girl! You two look so good together!" he imitated a higher voice. 

"Awe," I cooed while pinching his cheek, "Such a mama's boy!" I teased. 

"I-" he stood walking and grabbed my wrist, jerking me close to his body but we both froze at the proximity. "I want waffles, let's go get some!" He changed the subject and began walking to the boy's locker room. 

"I don't want waffles," I reasoned. 

"Why do you have to be so goddamn stubborn?" he walked back up to me. 

"Fine, I'll get waffles with you." I sighed in defeat. He won, the winner's prize I guess. 

"It's a date," he smiled. 

"It's a date," I nodded before he kissed my cheek and ran to the locker room to shower and get dressed. I hung around, waiting for him and people began leaving and soon enough, it was just me and a few other people. He came out with his bag in one hand and his keys in the other. 

"Let's go?" he asked while I stood up and walked over to him. 

"Sure," I linked my arm with his as he began leading the way to his car. We were walking to his car when Amber came jogging up to us. She wasn't wearing heels or a slutty outfit. She looked normal and decent for once. 

"Hey," she panted. "You played well," she smiled at Alex. He rolled his eyes but she seemed genuine to me. "You cheered good for him, huh? Louder than I ever did," she chuckled while running her hand through her hair.