Chapter forty-two: I don't deserve you

Chapter forty-two: I don't deserve you (Faith's POV)

"Okay! Let's go, let's go, let's go!" I grabbed my phone and shoved it in my pocket, sprinting down the stairs with Alex ahead of me.

Basically, Hayley accidentally told us the wrong time for when we were leaving and ended up showing up at my house an hour earlier than I was told. Then she made me panic and now here we are. "I am so sorry," she laughed while Daniel started the car. 

"You give me way too much anxiety, Hayles. We're not gonna speed into the future just by going an hour earlier than we planned," I huffed while drinking some water. 

"I didn't know! Dylan wanted to meet everyone and catch up today and it slipped my mind that he and I changed plans, I just forgot to tell you the right time," she chuckled. 

I shook my head while chuckling before Alex, who was sitting beside me, decided to lay his head in my lap. He grabbed my hand and placed it in his hair. "You're sleepy?" 

Last night, he just wasn't able to sleep so he started trying to make me laugh to keep me up with him but I was tired from the kissing so I went to sleep. "Yeah," he kissed my hand. He seemed a little upset this morning and I didn't get the time to ask him, so it's the first thing I intend to do when I get him alone. 

x-X-x 

We were stopped at a fast-food restaurant and Hayley and Daniel were getting our food, so I took this as a moment to talk to Alex. "Hey, do you wanna take a walk with me? I wanna talk to you about something," I held his hand. 

"Sure," he stood up and walked out with me. 

"You seem a little off today, babe. You alright?" I asked while he rocked our hands back and forth like I always do. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." He wasn't fine. He looked sad, with his grey hood pulled up while his eyes were a little red and puffy. He looked like he had either cried or was going to cry. 

"Baby?" I asked while halting and pulling him back to face me. 

"I'm fine, Faith," he lied again. 

"Okay," I nodded. "Can I give you a hug?" I pouted. 

"Will you, please?" he chuckled slightly while wiping his eyes before hugging me. 

"Why are you crying, hmm? What's wrong?" I asked softly after pulling away only enough for my eyes to meet his. 

"Last night, after you went to sleep, I just started thinking about you and uh- I don't think I deserve you, Faith. I know I've done a lot for you-" 

I cut him off. "A lot more than what I've done for you, Alex." 

He nodded, "Maybe. But I haven't been through the shit that you have. I should've been there for you at every moment. I should've been there at the beach, I shouldn't have left you." He was crying. 

"Alex, you came as soon as you knew. You have done so much for me, more than I ever can. I don't think I can ever repay you for all you've done, for how much you've been there for me." I wiped his cheek. 

"Don't start doubting yourself, please. I love you and I am so thankful for everything you've ever done. You're living with me to make sure I feel safe at every given moment, for god's sake. You're perfect. You are everything I could ever ask for. I love you," I hugged him tightly. "If anything, I don't deserve you," I kissed his cheek softly. 

"If I'm all that you say you are, then you do deserve someone like that. You deserve the world Faith, but I can't give it to you," he sighed.