Chapter thirty: Sunrise

Chapter thirty: Sunrise (Faith's POV)

We all sat by the dying bonfire, talking, playing games, laughing and eventually, getting sleepy. "Night!" Daniel called out while crawling into his tent behind Hayley. 

Alex and I stayed outside for a few more minutes, listening to the water hit the shore repeatedly. "The sky looks pretty," I whispered while looking to see the stars littering the pitch-black sky while the moon bounced off the waves. 

He hummed in response while kissing my cheek. 

"Let's go inside," I slowly stood up, dusting the sand off my legs. 

He followed me in and I almost immediately collapsed on my sleeping bag. "Tired, huh?" he questioned while throwing his shirt over his head. 

Of course. 

"Yup, very." I sighed, "Goodnight," I turned my back to face him before closing my eyes. I was expecting to hear some shuffling while he got into his sleeping bag, but I didn't. 

Because he didn't get into his sleeping bag. He got into mine. 

"What're you doing?" I chuckled while turning to face him. 

"I don't have a sleeping bag," he lied. 

"Alex, I see it!" I laughed. 

"No, you don't," he said slowly. 

I sighed before shaking my head and closing my eyes. A couple of minutes went by and all I could hear every minute was Alex letting out a frustrated sigh. "I can hear the wheels turning in your head. Literally. What's wrong?" I opened my eyes. 

"I don't know," he groaned, "I just can't sleep," he rubbed his eyes. 

"Something particular on your mind?" I asked while running my hand through his hair. 

"Nothing," he said hesitantly. 

"You don't have to talk about it," I replied. 

"I don't even know what's going on in my head. It's just a random, swirled mix of things," he huffed. 

"About what?" I questioned softly. 

"You," he turned to look at me. 

"What about me?" I asked. 

"About yesterday. About the roses," he mumbled. 

"You don't wanna talk about it?" I questioned. He gently shook his head. "So don't, Alex." I kissed his cheek softly before retracting my hand, only for him to grab it and place it back in his hair. I chuckled but kept going nonetheless, both of us dozing off without realizing. 

x-X-x 

I woke up in the middle of the night to see Alex gone. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and peeked out of the tent. 

Did he leave the tent open? 

I blinked to get back my clear vision and I saw a silhouette sitting by the shore. I sighed before crawling out, walking over to him. I stood beside where he sat, looking down at him with my eyes barely opening. 

"Hey," he whispered. He was sitting while hugging his knees. 

I had a permanent pout on my face as I always do when I wake up while the sleeves of his hoodie dangled way past my arms while the cold breeze blew against my bare legs. I grabbed his arms, throwing them off his legs. 

Once his legs fell, straightening out, I crawled into his lap, straddling him, sitting with my legs beside his waist, my head resting on his shoulder. "Where'd you go?" I whined while hugging him.