Chapter twenty-one: Chocolates and crushes

Chapter twenty-one: Chocolates and crushes (Faith's POV)

"What do I do, Hayles?" I asked while lying on my back and facing the ceiling, holding my phone to my ear. 

"Well, what does he do when you're mad at him?" she asked. 

"I haven't been mad at him yet." I huffed. 

"Ever?" she asked in disbelief. 

"Ever," I sighed. 

"Oh whoa, you really fucked up sweetie," she mumbled. "Well, has he ever surprised you?" she questioned. 

Does sixth grade count? 

"Yeah?" I said with doubt. 

"Think of that and then find a way to make it up to him," she suggested. "Or just kiss the hell out of him, I'm sure he wouldn't mind," she laughed. 

"Hayley!" I whined. I heard shuffling before Daniel's voice spoke. She's with him? 

"Sixth grade, Faith. Think sixth grade," he said before hanging up on me. Alright then, we're going the sixth-grade route.

x-X-x 

My alarm rang and I got out of bed, got dressed in his hoodie and pair of shorts before grabbing myself iced water and made his coffee before leaving, not taking my bag today because we'll be setting up for the game tonight and saw Alex's car in front of my house. 

He wasn't standing outside like usual and when I got to the car, he didn't step out and get the door for me like he normally does. I found myself pouting as I got into the car. 

"Hi," I smiled but he didn't respond. "Um- here's your coffee," I reached my hand forward for him to take the coffee. He took it and took a sip but I didn't get a thanks. 

Um- excuse me? 

"Thanks for the coffee," he mumbled grumpily. I frowned before folding my arms across my chest and leaning my head against the window. "Is that my hoodie?" he questioned. 

"What? Do you want it back now?" I huffed while turning to him. 

"Why are you wearing it to school?" he asked. 

"Because it's mine and I can wear it wherever I want," I mumbled. 

He rolled his eyes and kept driving. I pouted and kept my gaze on the passing street. Once we got to school, we stepped out and headed straight for the field. Okay, I need to do what I planned to now. 

"Can I borrow your car?" I stopped in my tracks and asked him. 

"Why?" he questioned. 

"I forgot something at home, I'll be five minutes, please?" I begged. 

"Fine," he huffed before tossing me the keys. I went back home and grabbed his sign that I made, a huge chocolate and the note I wrote. I drove back to school, using a different entrance and left the note and chocolate in his locker, taking the banner with me as an excuse. 

I got there to see him practicing. I walked over to him and he stopped running with the ball and waited for me to get to him. "Your keys," I handed them to him. I carried the sign with me and sat on the bleachers, watching him practice, smiling when he would do a little cheer when he did a trick successfully. 

When people began filing in to help set up, he stopped playing and walked over to me. I handed him his water which he chugged a large amount of. "You okay?" I asked while he panted and sat beside me.