Chapter fifty: Yes, I do

Chapter fifty: Yes, I do [epilogue] (Faith's POV)

"Faith, come on!" Hayley ushered me to the bathroom. 

Today was finally the day. The day I had been jumping up and down in excitement for, yet somehow also freaking out and becoming a nervous wreck for. Today, I was getting married. 

Let's cut back to how it all happened, shall we? 

I was finally back home after my graduation and I was so excited to meet everyone again. Hayley, Daniel, my parents, Dylan, Olivia... Alex. 

I hadn't seen him in a minute. The last time we met was the last time we came here for the holidays. 

We didn't break up. 

We fought and argued a lot, but we did the distance, and we got through it. We both made time to see each other and surprise each other ever so often. Our universities weren't exactly far, we both were just really busy. 

He had a lot of games to play and a lot of eyes on him and I had papers piling up. I went into writing. He stuck to his first love, soccer. 

The day I came back, Alex wasn't here. He came in the evening, I was here in the morning. I spent the whole day confused as to how to act in front of him. I remember panicking and staring into his window every now and then to see if he had come back. 

I decided to go to meet his parents. I walked and saw boxes on boxes. All of them, filled with Alex's stuff. 

"What's going on?" I chuckled. 

"Faith!" his mom gasped and hugged me tightly. 

"What's up with the packing?" I asked nervously. 

"Oh-oh, it's nothing," she waved her hand dismissively. 

"Just filtering his things," she smiled. 

It seemed a little suspicious but I dropped it. Our families were having dinner together tonight. "I'll see you later," I kissed her cheek bye before going back to my own house. 

x-X-x 

It was finally time for our dinner. I was freaking the fuck out and nervous as hell but I got myself together and dressed up. The bell rang and I knew they were here. I was the one to answer the door. 

"Hi," I greeted his parents, hugging them both on their way in. They stepped inside and he was last in line. "Hi," I breathed. 

"Hey," he pulled me into an unexpected kiss. "I've been dying to do that," he chuckled after pulling away. 

"Give me a moment," I blurted before pulling him in for another kiss. 

The dinner that night went by smoothly, it wasn't awkward between him and me like I thought it would be. It wasn't awkward at all and we were still just as much in love as we were earlier. 

After dinner, we decided to go out for a stroll. And that's when he did it. That's when he proposed. We were just walking and once we circled back to our neighborhood, he stooped between our houses and grabbed me, pulling me back. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, looking up at him. 

"You saw the boxes, right?" he asked. I nodded, nervous about the upcoming conversation. "I'm gonna be moving," he sighed. 

"You are?" I was slightly surprised even though I saw it coming. "Where to?" I tried to smile. 

"Down the street," he snickered. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding and punched his shoulder before shoving him back. 

"Have you gotten your place yet?" he questioned. 

"No, I've seen a couple of houses not too far," I explained. 

"Don't," he shook his head. "Move in with me, Faith." 

What? 

"What?" I thought out loud in disbelief. "Move in?" I asked. 

"Faith, I've been in love with you for a long ass time," he chuckled. "And we've been in the same place for a while. We've been together for seven years and there's only one thing that I've been dying to do," he kneeled. "Faith, will you marry me?" He took out a box with a ring in it. 

"A-are you serious?" I stammered. 

"No, I'm kidding," he rolled his eyes. "Of course not, babe." 

I bit my lip in thought. Do I want this? I am well aware we already acted like a married couple but do I want this? 

"Yes." I placed my hand in his. "Yes, I will marry you," I laughed, "I would love to marry you." 

And that now brings us here, to our wedding, two months later. We didn't want to be engaged for too long, we wanted the marriage. The wedding, the I do's, the bride and the groom. 

The wedding cake. 

"Do you, Alex, take Faith Hughes to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"Yes, I do."

"Do you, Faith, take Alex Ryder to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"Yes, I do."

"Do you both promise to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; until death do you part?"

"I do."

"I do."

"Alex, you may now kiss the bride."

And he did just that.

"Told you, you'd marry me," he smirked.

And I'm so glad I did. 

Alex Ryder, I love you.

-

-

-

-

-

I made this short. Sorryyyy!!! <333

I am sorry but I don't know how to write epilogues which is why I never do but I tried it here, trial and error, alright?

There ya go, they're married.

Thank you so much and congratulations, you made it to the end of this book.

Until next time babes,

Nikki <3