Chapter eight: Give me your hand

Chapter eight: Give me your hand (Alex's POV)

"Ready to step out?" I asked while turning the car off. 

"It's not that big of a deal, no one's probably even here y- oh my god!" her eyes widened as we stepped out of my car. Everyone was here freakishly early and everyone was staring at us. Funny, don't you think? "Whoa, what is going on?" she asked as I walked over to her and began walking into the building with her. 

"Well uh- you see th- there's a problem," I began explaining awkwardly.

"Oh no, what did you do?" she asked. 

"I told Daniel that I like you," I stated. 

"And?" she questioned. 

"He told Hayley," I added. 

"And the entire school suddenly knows how?" she pressed further. 

"Well, Amber heard it," I informed. 

"She is going to kill me, you do understand that, right?" She looked at me wide-eyed. 

"You two talk?" I asked in confusion. 

"No. But we don't have to talk for her to-" The voice I hated yet was so familiar with, broke in. 

"Hi, Faith!" Amber's heels clicked as she trotted over. 

"I will kill you," she whispered to me before turning to face Amber. "Hi?" she said but it came out like a question. "Can I help you with anything?" she cleared her throat and all nervousness and fear was gone.

 Or she just concealed it really well. 

"Can I have a word with you please?" Amber asked. 

"Oh, sure," Faith shrugged. 

"Oh, I meant alone," Amber glared subtly. 

"Oh, um- alone?" Amber nodded. "Yeah, no." Faith shook her head. 

"I don't think you understand, I need to talk to you," Amber said through gritted teeth. The girl has a little bit of a temper. 

"And you can. Here," Faith replied. 

"Alright then, I hear you're going out with my boyfriend, is it true?" she asked, being straightforward while intentionally gathering a crowd. 

"No. I'm not going out with your boyfriend. I'm going out with Alex," she answered confidently. 

"Who is my boyfriend," Amber scoffed. 

"Mm- yeah no, he's not. Last I checked you cheated," she shrugged. 

Whoa. 

"Excuse me?" Amber spat. 

"Yeah. Last I checked, you cheated on Alex. With my ex-boyfriend, Cody." Faith said casually as people began whispering. 

"Is this some petty game you two are playing? I mean come on, Faith. Be mature and just talk it out with Cody. Don't ruin our relationship just because-" Faith cut her off. 

"Just because you ruined mine?" she glared. 

Alright then. 

"Your boyfriend kissed me!" Amber tried to defend herself. 

"Oh, I know. That's why I broke up with him." Faith nodded. 

"W-well, Alex never broke up with me so technically, he is still my boyfriend!" Amber reasoned.