Chapter twenty-seven: Water balloons

Chapter twenty-seven: Water balloons (Faith's POV)

It was currently the day before Valentine's day and we had the day off as well as tomorrow. Alex and I planned on hanging out at his house before going bowling with Daniel and Hayley and then having dinner tomorrow. 

As for today, we have nothing to do more specifically, I have nothing to do because my parents went away for the weekend and I have nothing to do whatsoever. I dragged myself out of bed and down to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast. I grabbed some fruits and began cutting them up. 

"Don't stay awake for too long, don't go to bed, I'll make a cup of coffee for your head, it'll get you up and going out of bed," I began singing to myself when the doorbell rang three times. I clicked my tongue and wiped my hands on a rag before answering the door. 

It was Cody. 

"What are you doing here?" I grabbed the baseball bat that rested behind the door. 

Just in case, you never know with this psycho. 

"Have you seen Amber anywhere?" he questioned. 

"What?" I asked in confusion. 

"Yesterday, did you see her at school?" he asked impatiently. 

"I don't have any classes with her, Cody," I answered. 

"She's in your English class, Faith," he sighed. 

She is? That's right, she is. 

"Well, I didn't see her," I put the bat back. "Why?" I questioned. 

"She's not answering any of my texts or calls," he huffed. "Can I please come in?" he pleaded. 

"No," I said quickly. "You wanna talk? We can talk right here," I stood my ground. 

"I'm worried about her," he sighed while fidgeting with his phone. 

"Maybe she went out with friends for the weekend?" I shrugged. "Ask her parents," I suggested. 

"Her parents are in Tokyo," he rolled his eyes. 

"That doesn't mean they don't know where their daughter is," I deadpanned. "Ask her brother." 

He looked at me in confusion. "What?" he questioned. 

"He goes to California State University here in Northridge, Cody. Do you know anything about your girlfriend?" I arched an eyebrow at him. "You didn't even know she had a brother, did you?" I interrogated. 

"I'm worried about her, not her brother," he covered up. 

"Why would you come to me out of all people for this?" I questioned. 

"Cause you listen and help. You calm me down..." he trailed off. 

"As your girlfriend, it was my job to do that. Now? Not so much. Ask her brother, she goes to visit him often," I said before closing the door. I huffed and got back to making breakfast. I just finished cleaning up when the doorbell rang again. 

I groaned in frustration before getting the door. "Cody, I swear- hi!" I looked at Alex wide-eyed. 

"Cody?" he questioned, his smile falling. "Was he here?" he questioned. 

I sighed, "He came asking if I've seen Amber anywhere recently. Apparently, she's not answering his texts and calls," I stepped aside, letting him in. 

"Did he do anything?" he arched an eyebrow at me. 

"No," I shook my head while grabbing my bowl and two forks, handing one to Alex while sitting on the couch, pulling him down to sit beside me. "Will you relax? I did shut the door in his face, if that helps," I began eating.