Chapter thirty-two: Pancake mix

Chapter thirty-two: Pancake mix (Alex's POV)

"Are you okay?" I pulled away, brushing her hair away while my hands held her face, my thumbs wiping her tears. 

She looked at me, waiting for me to realize what she said. 

"I heard you," I whispered before pulling her back into a hug. 

"I'm so sorry," she sniffed. 

"Faith, it's okay," I ran my fingers through her hair. 

"But you were so upset," she pulled away and wiped her cheeks dry. 

"I was upset at the fact that you didn't say it back but I wasn't upset with you. I mean, no one likes it when someone doesn't say it back but I knew you'd come around," I tried to make her feel better. I heard her groan while Cody continued to bang on the door. 

"Do you wanna bore him out?" she asked. 

"I wanna punch him but we don't always get what we want," I shrugged. 

She chuckled before sighing and pushing her hair back and up into a bun. "Do you want ice cream?" she offered while opening her freezer. She pulled out a tub of chocolate ice cream and two bowls. She put us both two scoops each and handed me one bowl with a spoon. She walked over and sat down on the couch, me sitting beside her. She turned on the TV and skimmed through Netflix. She played Clueless. 

Clueless. 

I sighed but watched nonetheless because she wanted to. If she wants to watch it then I don't mind sitting through it. I mean yeah, it's not an ideal movie that I would watch, but I'm sure it's not that bad. 

x-X-x 

"That's her stepbrother!" I screamed when they kissed. 

"Ex- stepbrother!" she argued. 

"Oh yeah, that makes it so much better," I scoffed. 

"They're not related," Faith huffed. 

"They were!" I argued. 

"Never by blood," she gave me a pointed look. "Plus, look at Paul Rudd," she shrugged while placing the now empty bowl on the coffee table. "Can you believe he's fifty now and he still looks the same? I hope I age that beautifully," she stood up while grabbing the bowls, heading to the sink. 

I stayed there and watched the movie and she quickly washed the bowls and came back. 

x-X-x 

"Bye," I smiled. 

"Bye." She said bye but she didn't let go of my arm. 

"Bye, Faith," I chuckled. Not that I tried to pull away. 

"Bye, Alex," she said in an almost taunting tone. 

"You have to let me go after you say bye," I chuckled. 

"Right," she nodded. 

"Faith, you have to-" 

She cut me off when she dangled her arms in my face. 

"I wasn't holding on that time," she smirked before turning on her heels and heading up to her room. 

I leaned my head against her door before sighing and following her up. 

"I thought you were leaving," she grabbed her pajamas and placed them in the bathroom. She came back out and let her hair down, placing the scrunchie on the dresser.